Ford Forums banner

Yellow Cluster Light Lit. What is it for??

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  terrijones 
#1 ·
I've got a yellow cluster light that recently started to flash on my 2000 Taurus, and I have no idea what it's for. The light is located just to the bottom left of the RPM guage, and flashes every second. The light graphic is in the shape of a sprocket, with an exclamation mark in the middle. The light is off initially after start up, and then turns on after 10 minutes of driving. There is no fault code using a diagnostic tester. I'm not sure if this light is listed in the owner's manual since I don't have one for this car.

Any info would be appreciated!

Mark

#3 ·
Ok, I found what this cluster light is for from looking up an online user guide: The light represents a transaxle problem. Now then, that's all fine, but it doesn't tell me WHY its on. Like I mentioned prior, it doesn't set my diag tester off when the light goes on. A friend of mine who's a mechanic got a chance to look it over. He said it was most likely a pressure loss in the transaxle, which will eventually lead to slipping. He said that the only way to fix the problem would be through a trans job. So far, the car is running fine, but it's driving me nuts when the light goes on 5-10 minutes into the drive.

Anybody have any suggestions or feedback on this?

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.