manual gearbox - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Granada | Ford Scorpio
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Granada | Ford Scorpio Forum for the discussion of the Ford Granada and Ford Scorpio.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 08:02   #1 (permalink)

manual gearbox

i have a mkiii 2.9 cossie ive tryed three auto boxes now but to no avail im looking for a manual 2.9 rear wheel drive to maybe do a conversion or open to suggestion on whats another easy option for a conversion as the 2.9 manual is becoming very hard to get hold of, has anyone got any ideas or know where i could source stuff from? it would be much appreciated thanx
daza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2007, 13:26   #2 (permalink)

Re: manual gearbox

Hi, what's the problem with the autobox route? I ask because you may run into trouble converting to manual, being as how the engine management is inextricably linked to the gearbox; there may be some running concerns if the module can't 'see' changes happening in the transmission.
Fordtech. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:45   #3 (permalink)

hey thanx for the reply, i think its more a case of ive just been unfortunate enough to have picked up three different boxes that arnt too clever as all three have had different symptoms all of which ive been told are common faults in the auto box. i know a guy who has converted his using the 2.3 deisel box from the scorpio and mated it with the 4x4 bellhousing and it seems to be running fine i just dont have the cash or the time to be honest to be looking for two cars for breaking, thus being the reason i was maybe hoping for an easier alternitive? thanx again
Old 07-19-2007, 13:17   #4 (permalink)

Ok mate have a looky here;
24 valve Cosworth
Fordtech. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 18:47   #5 (permalink)

nice one m8 looks good enough for me thnx very much for that m8 :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Granada | Ford Scorpio