Ford Forums banner

A couple of pics of the Ford GT "40"

5K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Phat XLS-ute 
#1 ·
I took a couple of pics at the Atlanta Auto Show. This car looks so good....

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I saw same one at Cleveland show. I think these are the most beautiful cars on earth...liked the look of the Lamborghini Murcielago, but this is better. Only thing I dont like on the car is the wheels- needs 'halibrand' looking rim with some depth to it in my opinion(I hate 'flat faced' rims- look like friggin hubcaps).
I asked them to open the hood, couldnt believe size of the heads- darn near the width of a boss429 head! (will try to add some pics if I get a chance) I guess a couple overhead cams will do that... sweet car.
Talked to 5 people about the mustang- if they had it in acapulco blue(or close),torque-thrust-D looking wheels, with black spoiler and slats I would NOT be able to keep myself from buying one. the only blue theyre offering so far is a almost pastel/metallic- poor color in my opinion for a performance car. Wheels not settled yet either- one guy suggested writing ford about opinions-theyre still deciding on colors/wheels. He said the mach1 wont be out till early-mid 2005(said likely with the black spoiler/wing/those 'bullitt' wheels) but not sure of colors available. they absolutely will not offer special order colors, said they havent for years now...come 2005 I'm prolly goin shoppin! Ford did a very nice job on the new mustang. about time they put some corners back on their cars...so sick of seeing "bubble cars"...

#6 ·
Your welcome everyone. Yeah I took some pics of the 05 Mustang. They had it behind ropes, I wanted to sit in it but couldn't. I've read some post that people say the front bumper is out to far. It looks like that in pics but in person the bumper doesn't stick out that much.

#10 · (Edited)
FordXR8 said:
how close is the design of this mustang to the final production model
from what i've seen so far, the production car ain't that good compared to this baby
Are you talking about the Mustang in my sig ? Because if you are, that is the final production model.... Or, are you comparing the new Mustang against the Ford GT ?

#12 ·
FordXR8 said:
the one in you sig Stacy
thanks for clearing that up for me.
BTW, I like your avatar. Ford GT "40" always looking good and the future SVT F-150 Lightning. Good choices..... :hy:

#13 ·
Yeah that new mustang looks nice. I must admit I thought the previous one looked crap and was an insult to the name Mustang, sort of a try hard effort to sell cars. This one has a hint of the old ones (although I always want more :) ) and looks sleek and strong.

Nice one Mr. Ford.

#14 ·
was just watching some episodes of topgear (granted not a favourite of some people here but i love the show). Jeremy loved the test of the GT so much he bought one. Lucky bastard. Wonder if he will keep the SL55?

#15 ·
Night_Lurker said:
was just watching some episodes of topgear (granted not a favourite of some people here but i love the show). Jeremy loved the test of the GT so much he bought one. Lucky bastard. Wonder if he will keep the SL55?
I havn't seen that episode yet but I love top gear. They seem to be rerunning the last series here at the moment dammit. How did the new GT go in the test's. What about the Stig.

#16 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.