GT40 to be produced! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford GT40 | Ford GT
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford GT40 | Ford GT Forum for the discussion of the Ford GT and Ford GT40

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2002, 00:23   #1 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

GT40 to be produced!

Not sure if all you guys knew this already but the new GT40 is a goer!

DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 19, 2002 – Ford Motor Company Chairman and CEO Bill Ford delivered the news that car enthusiasts around the world have been waiting for: Ford will build the GT40 to help celebrate the automaker's 100th anniversary in 2003.
Ford made the announcement to employees at the company's world headquarters. The event also marked the unveiling of the Ford brand's new "No Boundaries" ad campaign.

GT40, the modern version of the historic, two-door supercar, will help breathe new excitement into the Ford brand and support Ford Motor Company's promise of 20 new or freshened products each year.

"Our revitalization plan is centered on products," said Ford. "The company that builds and delivers the best cars and trucks wins, and we're going to win. I can't think of a better symbol of that winning attitude than GT40."

The production announcement comes on the heels of the 2002 North American International Auto Show debut of the GT40 concept car less than 45 days ago. The award-winning concept was inspired by arguably one of the most recognized and loved cars in automotive history.

In the mid-1960s, the low-slung, mid-engine GT40 was introduced to battle the world's best in endurance racing. Just over 100 of these historic cars were built, placing Ford in prestigious winner's circles worldwide, most notably, winning the Le Mans (France) 24-hour race in 1966, 1967, 1968 and 1969. The new GT40, created by Ford’s "Living Legends" studio, is more than 18 inches longer and stands nearly four inches taller than the original. Yet, despite being physically larger, it is unmistakably a GT40, an automotive statement of passion, speed and performance.

GT40 joins Thunderbird, Mustang and the Forty-Nine concept as part of Ford's "Living Legends" lineup. Production capacity, vehicle specifications, performance numbers and pricing for the new GT40 will be revealed at a later date.

"No Boundaries" Advertising Campaign
Ford's new advertising campaign, titled "No Boundaries," celebrates the spirit and vision of one of the world's most recognized brands by combining new film footage with historical Ford material. Narrated by Bill Ford, great-grandson of the company's founder, the commercials have the distinct look and feel of a short documentary film.

"Ford products have been playing a role in consumers' lives for nearly 100 years, connecting with them in very emotional ways," said Jim O'Connor, Ford Division president. "The No Boundaries campaign celebrates the people and products of Ford – great people building great automotive products. That's what Ford is all about."

More than 80 Ford employees participated in the production of the campaign, many from the Ford Rouge Center and Michigan Truck Plant. In addition, a small number of Ford dealers and professional actors are featured. While the commercials do not focus specifically on any single Ford product, they will, as a collection, work to raise the image and awareness of the Ford brand and its entire product lineup.

"These new Ford ads are designed to crystallize who we are and what we do," said O'Connor.

The campaign, initially featuring four 60-second television commercials – Family, Legacy, Discovery and Built Ford Tough – will debut Monday, Feb. 25, during prime time on network television and will be followed by print advertising in coming months.
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2002, 00:52   #2 (permalink)

B L O O D Y E X C E L L E N T :s5
Fireman Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 01:52   #3 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

That's certainly great news!! Now let's add to the "Living Legends" series with some home grown versions of the fastest 4-door in the world in it's time.. (hint hint)..

YOU HEAR ME BILLY BOY JR. ????
Old 02-19-2002, 01:58   #4 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

There is a God!

Now where did I hide my piggy bank?
Old 02-19-2002, 02:14   #5 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Sparkle
That's certainly great news!! Now let's add to the "Living Legends" series with some home grown versions of the fastest 4-door in the world in it's time.. (hint hint)..

YOU HEAR ME BILLY BOY JR. ????
I'm hearin ya sparkles! Bring back the GTHO!

Excellent news on the GT40 BTW.. now only for the 49.. :s4
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 02:54   #6 (permalink)

AT BLOODY LAST!!! an exciting ford product! :D
Old 02-19-2002, 02:59   #7 (permalink)
goooone

WooHoo now all I need is to win lotto & Im set
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 03:04   #8 (permalink)
BSR Twin System (tm)

"Living Legends" fastest 4-door in the world in it's time.. (hint hint)..

I do like your line of thought Mike.
Official BSR Website - www.bsrcorp.com
Poster of the 150,000th post!
BSR "DARTH HELMET (tm)"
Marcos Ambrose & SBR, 2003 & 2004 V8SUPERCAR Champions

****ADSLSUPERFASTP0RNPIPE (tm)****
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 04:26   #9 (permalink)
BSR Twin System (tm)

The new GT-40 is an awsome looking machine. Should go well too. I would love to see it line up against a new Ferarri.........
I guess we will have to wait & see.
Official BSR Website - www.bsrcorp.com
Poster of the 150,000th post!
BSR "DARTH HELMET (tm)"
Marcos Ambrose & SBR, 2003 & 2004 V8SUPERCAR Champions

****ADSLSUPERFASTP0RNPIPE (tm)****
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 04:56   #10 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

This is great news. I hope they don't use a supercharged truck engine though. Where's Saleen when you need them?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford GT40 | Ford GT