New member with warrenty Questions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford GT40 | Ford GT
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford GT40 | Ford GT Forum for the discussion of the Ford GT and Ford GT40

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2008, 19:11   #1 (permalink)

New member with warrenty Questions

Ok all,

First and Formost HELLO From Colorado !!!

I'm Seeking help. My Local Dealership quoted the owners manual concerning aftermarket modifications - accessories or "Other than Ford" parts void your factory warrenty. I purchased a 07 Mustang GT 4.6L and had it in the shop three times before I added the following: AFE Cold Air Intake Stage1 and a Helix Throttle Body Spacer. Forth trip to dealership on March 3rd. for misfire rough engine. Found the #8 cylinder had low-no compression.

After three days of awaiting approval from ford to do the work the engine was pulled and the head removed. Intake and exhaust valves warped and the Sparkplug broken. Now it has been three weeks and still no progress on getting my car back together and to me. I started complaining about the length of time and whats going on? The Shop manager started asking me about my car and what I thought about it? Then I was asked how it handled at 80+ I said pretty good. he asked if I have had it over 100mph and what I thought about it? I told him It gets there quick when you are passing cattle trucks or slower vehicles.

NOW because I have "admitted" I have driven the car for "other than intended purposes" They may not Warrenty the work because of the above modifications and my "driving it other than as intened" This is my first mustang and problem with the Dealership.

I am not lokking for "Legal" counsel I need cold hard facts about what I need to do and what to be prepared for.

the car has 5000 miles on it.

Please advise,

Eod4paws,
D.A.V. , U.S. ARMY '87-'03
eod4paws is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2008, 20:36   #2 (permalink)
canuck

Re: New member with warrenty Questions

There was a similar problem with Mitsubishi EVO's between the owners and the dealers not honouring warranty claims because the dealers would accuse the owner of "racing" if any major repairs arose. They cannot prove racing unless you give them a time slip, which you wouldn't do anyway. You can go 100mph all day if you want to, it's up to you as they can't prove that you used it for racing purposes. Unless it states 'max cruising speed is XXX' in the owners manual, they can't say anything. That's why the car has a governor, to protect the drive train from over speed which will result in excessive heat.

Besides, unless the service person was recording the conversation Hearsay evidence generally doesn't hold up well in court. Do a search on the Mitsu EVO warranty claims and you should find some helpful info on how owners managed to get their claims! Good luck.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford GT40 | Ford GT