UK: New Ford GT Makes Appearance at Goodwood Festival - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford GT40 | Ford GT
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford GT40 | Ford GT Forum for the discussion of the Ford GT and Ford GT40

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2003, 08:41   #1 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

UK: New Ford GT Makes Appearance at Goodwood Festival

Fordís new GT will be wowing the crowds at the Goodwood Festival of Speed this weekend, the first time the production version has been seen in the UK.

The car will appear alongside an exciting line-up of Fordís most famous racing cars from around the world including the three winning GT40s from the 1966 Le Mans 24 hour race. The new GT is a modern recreation of these inspirational cars.

Since the Ford GT Concept made its European debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March, over 900 potential customers have registered their interest in owning one of the 80 road cars destined for Europe, on a dedicated website www.fordteamrs.com.

The full production run of 4,500 cars will start in the US next year and it is likely to go on sale there for under $150,000. The car features a modular aluminium body and is powered by a supercharged 5.4 litre V8 producing more than 500bhp and 500lb ft of torque.

The new GT will be helping Ford celebrate its centenary at the Goodwood Festival of Speed on 11-13 July, where Ford is the feature sponsor. GT chief programme engineer Neil Hannemann will be running the car up the hillclimb on all three days.

Some of the most famous names in motorsport past and present will be lining up on the track including Sir Jackie Stewart, Hannu Mikkola, David Pearson, and the latest F1 star Ralph Firman. Edsel B Ford II, great-grandson of company founder Henry Ford, will join in the celebrations by riding up the famous hillclimb course in a Ford Model T100, a newly created copy of the famous Model T.

One of the highlights of the Festival is always the central display outside Goodwood House and this year promises to be the most spectacular yet. Ford will create the tallest structure ever seen in front of the 300-year-old stately home on the Sussex Downs - a massive work of art depicting one of the proudest moments in Fordís motorsport history, the 1966 GT40 Le Mans 1-2-3 victory.

The majority of competition cars at the Festival have always been Ford-powered, and this year Ford and Goodwood have joined forces to bring some very special racing machinery to the event from the USA, Europe, and further afield.

Fordís specially constructed infield exhibition site features a fascinating display marking 100 years of Ford with a huge collection of models of landmark vehicles from the companyís first century.
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2003, 07:11   #2 (permalink)

Thursday 10th July 2003
The Ford GTs Have Landed
Auto Express

One Auto Express reader couldn't believe his eyes as workers at East Midlands Airport unloaded the hold of a US cargo plane - the Boeing's belly was stuffed with exotic Fords. Most spectacular of all was the new GT supercar, unveiled at last year's Detroit Motor Show and driven by us in issue 758.

"The cars all looked absolutely stunning," said our spy. "But the GT stood out. However, there were also at least two historic GT40s on board. It was quite a sight seeing them all come out." The motors were bound for the Goodwood Festival of Speed, which takes place this weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg car_portal_pic_10697.jpeg (39.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpeg car_portal_pic_10698.jpeg (49.3 KB, 10 views)

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 08:47   #3 (permalink)

Auto Express

Ford Art Lights Up Goodwood

This stunning sight greeted visitors to last weekend's Goodwood Festival of Speed. The 40-metre sculpture was created by Gerry Judah.

It paid tribute to Ford's greatest motorsport moment, the GT40 clean sweep at Le Mans in 1966, which ended years of Ferrari domination. Judah's work was also on display inside Ford's hospitality area, with scale models of blue oval cars from the past century.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg car_portal_pic_10758.jpeg (48.6 KB, 9 views)

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford GT40 | Ford GT