Ford Forums banner

where to get ford gt engine

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  CatSkinner 
#1 ·
well my 4.6 in 03 cobra in burning a quart every 4-5 days so its time to change powerplants...instead of dropping 30k+ on a new 5.0 like i wanted to, i am very interested in throwing in a 5.4 from the gts, so does anyone know where i can get my hands on one, if i even can, and what its going to cost me, i know it wont be cheap, yes i relize this. thx guys and also will my 5spd bolt up to the 5.4?

#4 ·
Catskinner has linked to a used Mustang 5.4 block, while not as good as a Ford GT engine, will be alot cheaper.

These are new Ford crate engines from Fordracing

Heres a Boss 302(5.0 Coyote) for $10599.00 from Ford Racing 2012 BOSS 302 5.0L 444HP CRATE ENGINE -- M-6007-M50B It also says common bolt pattern with 4.6 Modular

This engine although not a Ford GT is getting close to one 2011-2012 SHELBY GT500 SUPERCHARGED ALUMINUM 5.4L 550HP CRATE ENGINE -- M-6007-M54

They still have a few Ford GT parts listed as available but not a crate engine any more.

I guess you need to know what you want to spend and get the best you can.

#6 ·
Got to looking in about the transmission, the 5.0\5.8 take a different bell housing than the modular 4.6\5.4 blocks. I'm not sure if this holds true with the newest 5.0 but I think I'd bank on a different bell housing at least.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.