The Auto Channel
Tokyo, Japan, Sept. 25, 2003 - (JCN Newswire) - Mazda Motor Corporation has partially restyled its Mazda Laputa micro-mini. The affordably priced models go on sale today at Mazda Autozam dealers across Japan.
While maintaining the basic performance and functions of the existing
Laputa, Mazda has revised the vehicle's interior equipment to better suit customer needs. The latest enhancements include redesigned front headrests and door trim, as well as the CD player with AM/FM tuner for
the E Limited. Even with these refinements, the lineup remains very
affordable. With entry grade models priced at 749,000 yen for the five-speed manual-transmission version and at 824,000 yen for the four-speed automatic-transmission, buyers can save as much as 93,000 yen. Furthermore, the Laputa now comes with a choice of seven body colors including new Azure Grey Pearl Metallic.
- Grey seat fabric in E limited and X-Turbo grades.
- Improved audio design: CD player replaces cassette stereo in E Limited.
- Restyled front headrests.
- Redesigned door trim configuration increases cabin width from 1,220mm
- Updated color range: addition of Lavender Metallic; new Azure Grey
Pearl Metallic replaces Maziora Medium Silver.
Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices (without tax)
(Unit: 1,000 yen)
Drive Grade Engine Transmission Retail Price
FWD E Limited DOHC VVT 5MT 749
X-Turbo DOHC M Turbo 4AT 924
S-Turbo DOHC S Turbo 5MT 1,242
4WD X-Turbo DOHC M Turbo 4AT 1,051
S-Turbo DOHC S Turbo 5MT 1,339
- Add 20,000 yen for Pearl White paint.