Mazda MX Sportif design concept will debut at 2003 Geneva International Motor Show - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Mazda Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Mazda Forum This area is for discussion of Mazda vehicles

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2003, 07:53   #1 (permalink)

Mazda MX Sportif design concept will debut at 2003 Geneva International Motor Show

2003-02-17
Autoindex.org

Mazda Motor Corp. issued the following press release:

Mazda Motor Corporation will showcase a new concept vehicle at the 2003 Geneva International Motor Show: the Mazda MX Sportif. The all-new design concept indicates the direction Mazda will take for a new, global "C-segment" vehicle.

In concrete terms, the Mazda MX Sportif will present four key product attributes - clear vehicle characteristic that will help a production version establish a strong position in the world's markets:

- A prominent design based on distinct, muscular proportions and dynamic athleticism
- The highest levels of craftsmanship and quality
- Superbly balanced and linear vehicle dynamics able to deliver class-leading driving pleasure
- Optimal interior space and functionality

The five-door, hatchback MX Sportif, as with all new-generation Mazda products, has been developed to blur the lines of traditional vehicle segmentation, offering customers far more in terms of exterior styling, overall vehicle roominess and enjoyable driving dynamics.

For the exterior shape, the designers drew on the characteristic of Mazda's design DNA: a sense of movement, solidity and dynamic stability. The design begins with the dynamic proportions and taut contours of the long cabin and is accentuated by the extremely short overhangs. Sturdy lines running from the prominent grille and reaching back through the bonnet combine with triangular-shaped rear pillars to create a powerful, confident form. The vehicle's well-planted stance is further enhanced by the graceful roofline and aggressively flared fenders - the vehicle's strong shoulders - both of which help create a sense of exhilarating dynamism.

For the interior, Mazda presents a sporty yet comfortable design, an overall ambiance that evokes visual excitement and, thanks to materials carefully selected for their texture and appearance, adds to the overall delight of driving. The instrument panel and door trim have a simple, clean-cut form that creates a modern-looking space with an open, spacious feel. Finished in a high-gloss, piano black appearance, the instrument panel's central stack is not only elegant, it assures good visibility and ease-of-use when driving. In addition, the three-meter cluster and metallic interior accents add to the exquisite interior appearance.

The front-wheel drive MX Sportif is powered by a MZR 2.0-liter, inline four-cylinder engine, a member of Mazda's new-generation of engines. The engine features a reversed intake-exhaust layout (with the exhaust system fitted at the rear), a variable intake system (VIS), a tumble swirl control valve (TSCV) and a high-flow port head. The fast revving four-cylinder also meet the PZEV (partial zero emission vehicle) standard in the United States, the European Commission's Euro 4 standard and the ULEV (ultra-low emissions vehicle) standard in Japan. The engine is mated to a close-ratio, short-throw five-speed manual transmission and, for added capability and safety, the MX Sportif features Mazda's Dynamic Stability Control.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg norm_1_orig.jpeg (26.3 KB, 24 views)

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2003, 07:16   #2 (permalink)

2004 Mazda 3
Mazda hopes for success with Protege replacement

© Brenda Priddy & Company
With the upcoming Mazda 3, the Japanese automaker hopes to repeat the success they recently had when introducing the up-scale Mazda 6.
Based on Ford's CW170 world small-car platform -- and sharing this platform with the upcoming Volvo S40 and future Ford Focus -- the Mazda 3 will be officially introduced during the 2004 model year. The North American market will first see sedan and sport wagon variants, with the hatchbacks (3 and 5-door models) possibly to follow.
Exterior design of the Mazda 3 (and especially the front) is closely related to that of the Mazda 6. Due to its low and sloping roofline, the new lineup will appear quite dynamic.
The engine offerings for North America are expected to include a 2.0-liter four and a 2.3-liter four, with other options available in Europe and Asia.
The biggest news: The Mazda 3 name may replace the "Protege" and other names used around the world.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg mazdaprotege.jpeg (14.5 KB, 9 views)

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Mazda Forum