Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: The Hills of North Georgia,USA
Mazda's Exciting Customized Cars Showcased at Tokyo Auto Salon
Tokyo, Japan, Jan. 10, 2003 - (JCN Newswire) - Mazda Motor Corporation showcases a range of exciting customized cars at the 2003 Tokyo Auto Salon held between January 10 and 12 at Makuhari Messe in Chiba prefecture. Exhibits include the "Mazda RX-8 MAZDASPEED Concept," based on the all-new Mazda RX-8 (due to be launched this spring) and fitted with MAZDASPEED*1 brand tune-up parts, and many other vehicles specified below from Mazda Engineering & Technology Co., Ltd.*2 Based on the RX-8, the "Mazda RX-8 X-MEN Car," featured in the Hollywood movie "X-MEN2" which hits the movie theaters this spring is also among the exhibits.
*1 Mazda's parts brand that supplies dress-up accessories and tuning car accessories in the after-sales market, aiming to further strengthen Mazda's sports car image in line with the company's brand strategy.*2 Mazda's subsidiary that develops and customizes specially equipped vehicles and welfare vehicles based on Mazda products.
Vehicles Exhibited at Tokyo Auto Salon
Mazda RX-8 and Atenza
1. Mazda RX-8 X-MEN Car (reference exhibit)
- A vehicle specially designed for the Hollywood movie "X-MEN2,"
(produced by Twentieth Century Fox) to be released this spring. The exhibited car was actually driven by the leading character in the movie.
2.Mazda Atenza Zoom-Zoom Version (reference exhibit) - Based on the global smash-hit Mazda Atenza, this model was designed to deliver sportier driving pleasure.
- With exclusive suspensions to deliver enhanced handling performance, 18-inch exclusive aluminum wheels and exclusive brake rotors, it delivers enhanced overall performance, including cornering and braking.
- The vehicle is equipped with exclusive authentic leather seats, an exclusive black steering wheel and armrests. In addition, aluminum pedals and footrest are fitted to create a sporty feel.
MAZDASPEED (based on new MAZDASPEED models)
3. Mazda RX-8 MAZDASPEED Concept
- A concept car based on the Mazda RX-8, a "genuine four-door,
four-seater sports car". It features an enhanced exterior, interior and performance.
- Unique aero parts are fitted to deliver greater aerodynamic
performance. Customized accessories are fitted to suspensions, brakes and mufflers.
- Carbon-look switches and sports type seats are used in the interior to display sportscar characteristics.
4. Mazda Demio MAZDASPEED A-spec
5. Mazda Atenza MAZDASPEED A-spec
- While maintaining the quality of the base models, these two cars aim to create a sportier image for city driving by fitting aero parts to the exterior.
6. Mazda RX-7 MAZDASPEED B-spec
- Based on Mazda RX-7, this car is equipped with stylish aero parts, and functional parts are used for the engine and suspensions to deliver higher performance. Its exceptional performance is especially evident on winding roads and at circuits.
Refresh (based on used MAZDASPEED vehicles)
7. RX-7 MAZDASPEED AL. Concept
- A used Mazda RX-7 has been given a make over with aluminum front and rear fenders and doors. The concept vehicle has been reduced in weight and features MAZDASPEED aero parts.
8. Roadster MAZDASPEED Versions 1
9. Roadster MAZDASPEED Versions 2
- Based on used first generation Roadsters, both vehicles have been updated with the replacement of damaged parts, body reinforcement and brake enhancements.
- The engine and drivetrain in Version 2 are equipped with additional MAZDASPEED accessories creating a genuine street-tuned version.
10. RS Coupe NR-A
11. Mazda Roadster NR-A
12. Mazda Demio NR-A
- While NR-A models are registered for use on public roads they also come equipped with safety features rendering them suitable for competitive racing.
- Mazda currently holds a "Party Race" for Roadster NR-As. These
exhibits demonstrate the possibilities for expanding these races to include other vehicle types.
- The reference exhibit "RS Coupe NR-A" features a closed body and body rigidity has been further strengthened with a 6-point expression roll gauge installed inside the vehicle. The feeling of oneness between car and driver experienced in this vehicle is sure to enhance the thrill of circuit racing.
Customized Vehicle (RS-COUPE)
13. RS Coupe A-type
14. RS Coupe E-type
- Fully customized cars based on "Mazda Roadster" and designed to meet the needs of customers who prefer vehicles that "make a personal statement".
- The A-type model portrays an image of traditional simplicity.
MAZDASPEED accessories have been utilized in the suspension and engine intake and exhaust. A minor tune-up along with an interior centered on black tones, including carbon-colored genuine leather seats and instrument panel, create a sportier feel.
- The E-type expresses the theme of elegance with its refined, subdued exterior and tan interior.
About Mazda Motor Corporation
Mazda Motor Corporation was established in 1920 and is one
of Japan's leading automobile manufacturers. With its headquarters in Hiroshima, Mazda has two plants in Japan and manufacturing and assembly operations in sixteen other countries. Mazda cars and trucks are sold in more than one hundred and thirty countries. Ford Motor and Mazda agreed to collaborate in 1979, Ford Motor Company started investing in Mazda and increased its shareholding to 33.39% as of March
My first car was a 67 Mustang Coupe, 2nd one was a 67 Cougar XR-7, 3rd one was a 66 Mustang Coupe. Why did I get rid of these cars for ? I know why, because I'm stupid, stupid, stupid.
My next Ford.....