U.K:Mazda tops reliability poll - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Mazda Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Mazda Forum This area is for discussion of Mazda vehicles

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2003, 06:53   #1 (permalink)

U.K:Mazda tops reliability poll

BBC News
UK Edition

Mazda has been named the most reliable motor manufacturer in the UK.
The Japanese car giant topped a poll organised by insurance company Warranty Direct.

A Warranty Direct spokesman said problems with Mazda cars were "few and far between" and the cars "aged well".

"Infrequent garage visits, quick repair times and reasonable bills have kept it as the most reliable manufacturer in the UK," he said.

The second most reliable car, the survey suggests, is Ford, thanks mainly to its low annual repair cost of 208.

The average age of the vehicles analysed was 4.8 years, with 49,702 miles on the clock.

Jeep was the worst performer, with an average repair bill of 587.92, and 41 claims per 100 insurance policies held.

Jeeps were afflicted by air conditioning failures and rear suspension and axle problems, Warranty Direct said.

Subaru's dramatic fall, from 11th last year to 22nd this year, was largely down to costly repairs to the Impreza's engine and transmission units, with the average bill reaching 1,040.

Most reliable cars

1. Mazda
2. Ford
3. Honda
4. Toyota
5. Vauxhall

Source: Warranty Direct
(based on cost of repairs and number of breakdowns)
Manufacturer rankings were based on the number of breakdowns and the average cost of repair.

Least reliable cars

1. Jeep
2. Subaru
3. Land Rover
4. Alfa Romeo
5. Saab

Source: Warranty Direct
(based on cost of repairs and number of breakdowns)
The biggest improvement on last year's survey came from Nissan, which jumped nine places in the list of 23 manufacturers surveyed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg _39369184_mazda_203.jpeg (9.5 KB, 2 views)

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Mazda Forum