Ford Forums banner

Herrod XR8 Ute

10K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Full Noise 
#1 ·
I have finally decided to part with my cherished Herrod XR8 Ute. This vehicle was purchased as a purpose built showcar and has served me well. Due to work commitments I can no longer spend as much time driving it as I would like. There is over 20,000 dollars worth of extras fitted.

Specs are:
2002 au III XR8 Ute
Registered until 04/05
14,039 kms
Herrod suspension upgrade
Herrod 330mm Brake upgrade
Herrod HPC coated headers
Herrod 2 ½ inch stainless steel exhaust
Herrod cold air intake
Herrod Leather interior
Unichip fitted by Herrods
Tickford 70mm throttle body, de-cast and polished
Tickford T-Series dash cluster
Tickford body kit
QuikTrak monitored alarm system, paid up until 05/05
Carryboy Ute lid with aluminium wing
Simmons OM 18x8 wheels with polished centres
Tinted windows
Dual airbags
Momo steering wheel and T-bar shifter
De-cast and polished upper intake manifold
Chrome Windsor rocker covers

This vehicle can only be described as immaculate and was a feature car in Performance Ford Magazine Volume 3 Edition 2 pages 57 - 61.
I have had a great deal of success with the car picking up 19 trophies in various shows over Victoria. The latest is for the best AU-BA XR at the FPV open day.This vehicle has never been used for work purposes.

I am asking $45,000 however I can separate some parts if required.

The car can be viewed in my Photo Gallery. http://www.fordgallery.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=9077

I can be contacted on my mobile 0413 311 022.

Cheers, Danny

See less See more
#2 ·
So your the owner of that ute, I've seen it many a times at show's etc,and I allway's wondered whether the owner was on here,nice ute,for a black vehicle youv'e kept it very clean, what type of cleaning product's do you use,sorry for getting of track, but I'm very curious to what you use?.

#4 ·
G’day galaxy xr8.
There was a lot of work getting the car to this stage and I’ve tried so many things over the years. However, I prefer to use a product called M-RON GLASS. This is fine silicon free polish and it is also a filler so it helps hide superficial scratches, like dust particles when you use a chamois. For heavier scratches I’d use 3M swirl remover before the polish. Once that is done I use the gold class Maguire’s wax on a foam applicator pad. When all this is done it generally looks like a piece of black glass. All of these things can be purchased locally but if you have any questions give Alan Smith a call at VIP Car Care on 03 9553 2486 and he can help you out.

Cheers, Danny

#5 ·
Cheer's thank's mate, at the moment I'm ussing Maquires paint cleaner,polish and their gold class wax, which I find does a good job but like I say I've seen your ute before at show's and I've allway's thought it come up top notch especially for Black and I've wondered what you used,cheer's.

#6 ·
It will be a sad day when you sell this immaculate ute,but i believe you will be going on to bigger and better things.
Cheers John

#7 ·
I would have to say this ute is undoubtably the best ive ever seen !

#10 ·
G’day Falkeen.
Sorry it’s taken so long to reply. With polishing the manifold, firstly, the flat edges on the top and sides had to be filed flat, then the front where the Welch plug is had to be filed to remove the cast join. From there I used three grades of flap wheels to get the aluminium smooth. Then it was a matter of rubbing back with 600 working down to 1200 grade wet and dry.

I polished it with a friend’s buff with an unstitched rag mop and then finally polished it by hand. The whole process took approximately 38 hours to complete over a period of around 8 weeks. At this stage the manifold is something that I would like to keep on the car. What state are you in?

Cheers, Danny

#12 ·
Full Noise said:
G’day Falkeen.
Sorry it’s taken so long to reply. With polishing the manifold, firstly, the flat edges on the top and sides had to be filed flat, then the front where the Welch plug is had to be filed to remove the cast join. From there I used three grades of flap wheels to get the aluminium smooth. Then it was a matter of rubbing back with 600 working down to 1200 grade wet and dry.

I polished it with a friend’s buff with an unstitched rag mop and then finally polished it by hand. The whole process took approximately 38 hours to complete over a period of around 8 weeks. At this stage the manifold is something that I would like to keep on the car. What state are you in?

Cheers, Danny
im in sydney mate
thanks for the run down
looks like i might have to have a go at it
have any good pics of it all polished up?

might have to give that M-RON GLASS stuff a look too
thanks
Adam

#13 ·
I’m a little short on photos at the moment, however, I found a few shots that show a small part of it. I will try to take some photos on the weekend, as I don’t store the car at home. There are some photos of it on the Performance Ford Magazine website. Just look in the feature cars link under The Perfectionist, it should be at the top of the list.

Here’s the link
http://www.perfordmag.com/

Cheers, Danny

#14 ·
I’m a little short on photos at the moment, however, I will try to take some shots on the weekend, as I don’t store the car at home. There are some photos of it on the Performance Ford Magazine website. Just look in the feature cars link under The Perfectionist, it should be at the top of the list.

Here’s the link

http://www.perfordmag.com/

Cheers, Danny

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.