For Sale / Trade: 1977 Ford F-350 1-ton 2WD Flatbed Dually - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Market Place > The Market Place Archives
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2005, 15:13   #1 (permalink)
Redneck Car Lot

For Sale / Trade: 1977 Ford F-350 1-ton 2WD Flatbed Dually

1977 Ford F-350 1-Ton Dually 2WD
150,803 miles
Steel-framed flatbed with wooden bed
Full-size truck toolbox chained to bed (no key) - has lock on chain (which isn't mine and will have to be cut); I was told there are some tools and a jack in there, but haven't looked.
Spare tire and wheel chained to bed along with toolbox.
All exterior lights work except running lights on bed (which I was told is not needed for inspection)
Horn is wired up to a button on the dash - I did this quickly, so it's not the prettiest job. LOL
Seat is in pretty good shape, but the vinyl cover itself has a few tears on the driver's side (the foam padding underneath is almost all there - no big chunks or anything missing)

460 cid engine
Holley 750 cfm 4bbl carb (was told it was either newer or rebuilt - can't remember which)
C6 automatic transmission (slips from a dead stop)
dual exhaust
large towing mirrors
dual CB antennae mounted to mirrors (no CB)
Reese-Style hitch (just the hitch, no ball or insert)
sliding rear window
No radio, and radio antenna mast is broken. (I have an AM/FM/Cassette player coming.)

This truck does need some work. Most of it is pretty inexpensive and easy to do. As of right now, I don't have the money to do so (baby coming any day). If I can't sell the truck, I will probably have to get some stuff done for inspection, then maybe finish it up at a later date. Anyway, here's what it needs:

1) Master cylinder (about $20-25, I think)
2) E-Brake is inoperable. (not sure how much this would cost)
3) Window crank handles need replaced (probably about $10-12 at auto parts store)
4) Passenger side seat belt is missing (entire belt is gone from what I can tell - shouldn't be too much at a junkyard or on Ebay)
5) Cab corners rusted through & a small amount of rust-through on doors (new replacement cab corners are $18 each on Ebay from one source)
6) Needs radio antenna (probably a few bucks at a junkyard)
7) Earlier today, the dash lamps appeared to be out, but it was bright outside, so I'm not positive
8) Dome lamp needs bulb & cover replaced
9) Needs tune-up

NADA is the only site that goes back to 1977, and they don't show anything for a flatbed, only a styleside bed. The values are:

Low Retail: $2700
Average Retail: $7575
High Retail: $10,475

I would like to get $1500 out of this truck. That's almost half what the low retail is. I have driven the truck, and it seems to do ok (other than the tranny slipping from a dead stop). It does have quite a bit of power. If you would like pics, email me at corder1979@hotmail.com and I'll send them to you as soon as possible. Otherwise, you can call me anytime at 636-699-9815. If I'm not there, leave a message with my voicemail or with my wife, and I'll get back to you as soon as I get back. My work schedule is wierd, so it may be the next morning (or afternoon, whichever's better for you) before I call you back. Thanks.

Rick
636-699-9815
corder1979@hotmail.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 77ford1.jpg (21.0 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 77ford2.jpg (22.8 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 77ford3.jpg (23.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 77ford4.jpg (19.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 77ford5.jpg (16.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 77ford6.jpg (31.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 77ford7.jpg (29.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 77ford8.jpg (23.7 KB, 40 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Market Place > The Market Place Archives