“THREE” Ford 427 engines, ‘64 top loader w, Hurst comp plus, & rare Shelby dual quad - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Market Place > The Market Place Archives
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 05:07   #1 (permalink)
jrh

“THREE” Ford 427 engines, ‘64 top loader w, Hurst comp plus, & rare Shelby dual quad

“THREE” Ford 427 engines, ‘64 top loader w, Hurst comp plus, & rare Shelby dual quad

Item #1) 1963 427 engine - Offers considered over $6,000 - no dreamers please

Perfect for the authentic 427 Kit Cobra project or for returning to stock a Galaxie “R” car. The engine came out of a 1963 Galaxie “R” car. 427 CID 8V 425 HP cross bolt main motor. It is virtually complete from oval air cleaner to pan. The engine is as it was last run in the mid 70's. I pulled the heads to verify the bore. The motor is assembled as a “long Block” and rotates freely by hand. The top half: 2x4 intake, dual carbs, fuel log, bell crank, dual point distributor - ‘65, oval aluminum air cleaner with an original 427 flag. The engine block is not perfect: there are e few pits in two cylinders & what appears to have been repair or weld added to beefed up the block. I discussed this with the previous owner and he told me he ran it for years in his ‘61 Starliner and never knew of this.

Item 2) 1967 427 engine - $2,500

Marine Block and matched heads have been professionally cleaned and pressure tested. 500 engine hours on it. All the marine components will go with it, this is a complete engine: pistons, rods, crank, carb with flame arrestor, intake, distributor, starter, flywheel, cast iron oil pan with inner cooler, etc.

Item #3) 1967 427 engine - $2,000

Marine Block has been professionally cleaned and pressure tested. The heads showed defects and will be included. The cost has been reduced for this engine. I have been told that the block is the same as auto applications and can be used in a kit car or a muscle car.

All the marine components will go with it less carb: pistons, rods, crank, intake, distributor, starter, flywheel, cast iron oil pan with inner cooler, etc.

Item #4) RARE 427 C7ZX - $3,000

Original Dual Quad intake manifold used on Shelby mustangs. This manifold comes with Medium riser matching Ford Carbs, new fuel log, new progressive linkage, and new oval cast aluminum air cleaner assembly. Intakes alone are now being re-made for over $1,100 a piece, not counting the original ford carbs, new fuel log, new progressive linkage, ‘65 dual point distributor, and new oval cast aluminum air cleaner assembly.

Item #5) 4 speed Top loader - $700
This has a 28 spline output. It came out of a 390 1964 Galaxie. I purchased this to replace my tired T-10. It ran in my ‘64 Galaxie for several years before I finally sold the car. The top loader ran strong with smooth shifts. I added a Hurst comp plus shifter & I have an original shifter too. Unfortunately the previous owner modified the original shifter but I will include it. Also I will through in a 1964 Galaxie drive shaft that came out of the same car I got the transmission from. The drive shaft is excellent shape - painted white, rust free, and clean.

If you want it all - I will give a package deal of $10,000 with this I will add a set of 352 solid lifter heads, a FE bell housing & a flywheel.

If you want a piece of vintage Ford horse power … call: Jeff 585-338-1636 Rochester NY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Market Place > The Market Place Archives