30 storage places? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2004, 17:33   #1 (permalink)

confused 30 storage places?

As always - I am in the market for a new car, and am looking seriously at the Territory. The family will spring another one soon, and the "old" car just is not big enough for three kids under 5 plus "stuff". I was reading a Ford web site on the Territory, and it said "With over 30 storage areas in the new Ford Territory you have a place for all the driver’s and passengers’ bits and pieces. "

For my gratification and interest, has anyone got a list of the "over 30" storage places? Does the wording 'over 30' mean there is actually 31 storage places, and just one maybe somewhat hard to find. I personally would have thought there is either 30, or not 30, storage places?. Is there storage places for things other than the drivers and passengers. Who else would want storage places other than the driver and passengers - the dealer?, the service people, passers-by? Hmmm.

I remember reading the brochure on my Subaru Forester - which also had a similar claim, and had such things as a "fishing rod holder", and "ice bucket".... so can anyone point me to a list of what the Territory has? (BTW - I have never actually use the ice bucket or fishing rod holder !)

Also - does every model have the same storage areas?
empty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2004, 19:08   #2 (permalink)
In-line 6, DOHC, 24V

Re: 30 storage places?

Fill out this form http://www.ford.com.au/territory/pr.../conditions.asp and Ford will mail you a Special Edition Wheels magazine that has a full run down on the Territory story.

Some guys have; $1000 Territory accessories voucher offer ?
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 19:08   #3 (permalink)

Hope this answers your questions on storage places in Territory:

Territory will also feature an amazing number of interior storage areas – with 30 separate compartments in the entry-level seven-seater vehicle and an astonishing 33 in the high series five seater.

The instrument panel includes a glovebox, a centre compartment and a top tray, while the centre console houses a tissue box holder, gearshift lever trinket bin, two cup holders, a bin and a removable rubbish bin. (9)

The front row seats have two front door map pockets, two flexible drink bottle holders, two compartments beside the seat and a lockable under seat bin. (7)

The second row seats house two door map pockets, two flexible drink bottle holders, two centre armrest cup holders and two seat pockets. (8)

The third row includes two armrest bins and two cup holders, while rear and overhead storage is made up of a large rear load floor bin (five seater only), a small rear load floor bin, a compartment to house the jack, an overhead sunglass compartment (high series) and a cargo net (high series).

cheers
Ford PR Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 20:00   #4 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

so essentially of the 33 compartments 10 of them are infact cup/drink bottle holders. do you really need that many in 1 car?
Old 12-05-2004, 20:52   #5 (permalink)
Growing Older but Not Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
so essentially of the 33 compartments 10 of them are infact cup/drink bottle holders. do you really need that many in 1 car?
They're a nice to have but once you have them you wouldn't be without them. I find the drink bottle holders in particular (and the matching bottles)are very handy and they get a lot of use from my family. All part of the big picture of a vehicle that is extraordinarily well designed with the end user in mind (apart from the infamous digital clock of course).
Ouzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 21:45   #6 (permalink)

Do we need that many drink holders?

Well, according to all the research we did, the answer is a resounding yes. And Territory is the most research vehicle we've ever built here in Australia, with more than four years of constant contact with customers from all walks of life to find out what they wanted. And near the top of most lists were the words - drink holders, drink holders, and more drink holders. And drink holders big enough to hold 600 ml soft drink bottles, and sports bottles.

cheers

Andrew
Ford PR Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 21:55   #7 (permalink)
Growing Older but Not Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford PR Man
Do we need that many drink holders?

Well, according to all the research we did, the answer is a resounding yes. And Territory is the most research vehicle we've ever built here in Australia, with more than four years of constant contact with customers from all walks of life to find out what they wanted. And near the top of most lists were the words - drink holders, drink holders, and more drink holders. And drink holders big enough to hold 600 ml soft drink bottles, and sports bottles.

cheers

Andrew
Now if you could just get them to fix the digital clock .....................
Ouzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 04:00   #8 (permalink)
Australia's No.1 SUV

Yes yes, I've gotten the clock message loud and clear.
Ouzo may well go down as the "clock killer".
Territory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 13:08   #9 (permalink)

[QUOTE=johnydep]Fill out this form http://www.ford.com.au/territory/pr.../conditions.asp and Ford will mail you a Special Edition Wheels magazine that has a full run down on the Territory story.

Thanks
I could not follow the URL, or even find the reference to this wheels magazine on the www.ford.com.au/territory site... but I will now go and have a look at my local library, and read the wheels magazine.

Thanks
empty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 13:58   #10 (permalink)
In-line 6, DOHC, 24V

Try this one http://www.ford.com.au/territory/pro...conditions.asp
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory