6 speed auto will only be available in RWD Ghia - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2005, 00:41   #1 (permalink)

6 speed auto will only be available in RWD Ghia

According to the latest Motor mag, as said in the thread title, the only Territory to get the 6 spd auto, will be the RWD Ghia... I wonder if it is true, and why?
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2005, 04:19   #2 (permalink)

Re: 6 speed auto will only be available in RWD Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
According to the latest Motor mag, as said in the thread title, the only Territory to get the 6 spd auto, will be the RWD Ghia... I wonder if it is true, and why?
If it's true, and I have my suspicions, I would guess that as the Falcon sedans getting the A6 are RWD, developing it for the RWD Territory would be easier (read faster) then the AWD models in this next round of updates. I would imagine however that a ZF A6 RWD Territory Ghia would be much closer in price to an Ion A4 AWD Territory Ghia. As I'm only waiting on the launch of an A6 Territory before ordering, the Motor claim would save me some money however an A6 AWD T Ghia would seem the more logical choice as top dog in the model tree.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 05:52   #3 (permalink)

Question Re: 6 speed auto will only be available in RWD Ghia

AWD Territoy Ghia Turbo, 6 speed auto - now that does sound good !!

When is the turbo likely to be released, anyone know ?

I will be looking to place an order on an AWD Ghia in the next week or so (for October 1st delivery). Is a turbo or A6 option likely to be released in the next 3 months ? IF so I might consider holding off the order.

Thanks

orrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 17:03   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orrie

I will be looking to place an order on an AWD Ghia in the next week or so (for October 1st delivery). Is a turbo or A6 option likely to be released in the next 3 months ? IF so I might consider holding off the order.

Thanks

As there is a model update scheduled for 4Q 05 I'd wait if I were you. I doubt Ford would like Holden having the 5 speed auto Adventra out there by itself - I suspect the 6 speed will be broader in availability than has been rumoured. I wouldn't hold my breath for the Turbo though...
Old 07-25-2005, 05:32   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orrie

Thanks

Sorry, I didn't mean a turbo model, just abbreviated the word "Territory", although the bonnet vented Territory spotted on test could be a turbo petrol or diesel and as mentioned earlier would not be coming anytime this year I'd imagine. Would make a good Sydney Motor Show special however...
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory