All Wheel Drive BA - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2003, 00:42   #1 (permalink)
Shamal

All Wheel Drive BA

Does anybody actually know if there are any plans for a 4WD / AWD BA?

There has been speculation in the Mags talking about a AWD Falcon (is this the new Territory???? A 4WD type with Falcon components and parts ......)

Or could we possibly see a GTHO with AWD and other speccy bits?

I would really like to know what sort of timeframe might be on an AWD Falcon range before I part with close on $90K for an optioned GT-P.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2003, 08:22   #2 (permalink)

im guessing AWD will be implented with the Falcon soon. MY theory is through the Territory, they will develop the AWD system, and impliment it into the Falcon later, once they devlop it more.

I think someone mentioned (apologies, but ive forgotten your name) that they stiffened the chassis for the preperation of AWD? Thats why it weighs quite a bit.
Barra_4_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 17:55   #3 (permalink)
Otherwise known as Robbo

ok, this post is also over in the "pub" and ill say here what i said there:

HELL NO, DONT DO IT FORD OR YOULL NEVER GET MY MONEY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As someone who once owned an AWD (turbo i might add) - they are SO BORING to drive that i cannot get my head around it.

There is no oversteer, no wheelspin NOTHING. If u want AWD go buy a WRX or a fuel guzzling 4WD landcruiser or pajero - but leave falcon alone.

MMM u think we have weight problems now?? just wait and see how much she weighs with AWD!!!

The new control link + traction control is fine - AWD is not needed.

As for waiting with your $90K for AWD - dont do it - buy some fun now why you can, as youll be bored with an AWD GT.

- its like dating a virgin, but you cant have any fun cause shes wearing a chastity belt!!!

- its like drinking beer, but you wont have any fun cause it doesnt have any alcohol in it!

- its like placing a bet on the horses, but theres no rush cause you no you wont lose!!

(ok im all out of metaphors now!!!!)
Also - Kawasaki ZZR, soon to be Kawasaki ZX6R.
XRSIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 23:33   #4 (permalink)
HSV eater

I disagree XRSIK, with AWD you can take more speed in to corners, and it would be a good sales thing for Ford as the AWD/Turbo combo is loved by many. The chasis can be tuned for understeer/ oversteer, and power would obviously increase. I think the Fords light steering would counter act the way some AWD cars tend to resist corners.
Old 05-11-2003, 00:44   #5 (permalink)
goooone

I'd hate to see it wide spread like it's used on Scoobies or even for any model to be AWD only but it could make a popular option I know I wouldn't buy one but I think plenty of people would
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 19:30   #6 (permalink)
Otherwise known as Robbo

Ah i agree with you Mr Jucy - just like how magnas AWD sells alongside its FWD counterparts?

this would be ok, but as long as they dont kill the RWD version - who wants to go 200km/h around corners anyway, id rather have some fun trying to hold the big RWD turbo around the corner - the only point would be for on a racetrack. Isnt driving all about fun anyway? (im not talking reckless life endangering sideways oversteer) but just gentle throttle corrections when cornering in RWD is quite entertaining.

But then the saftey brigade will come along with lectures about how safe AWD is in the wet, ect.......(ive seen plently of WRXs wrapped around poles by the way).
Also - Kawasaki ZZR, soon to be Kawasaki ZX6R.
XRSIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 01:53   #7 (permalink)

If they DONT do a AWD Falcon I'll slit my wrists.
Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory