Ford Forums banner

AWD BAs When??

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  XRSIK 
#1 ·
After the Ford Territory comes out in 2004 will Ford release AWD BAs eg AWD XR8 or are they just releaseing Territory than that it. Also are Ford going to release a 4 door AWD ute ?

#2 ·
Why do you think the XR8 needs to be AWD? Personally I don't think AWD cars (not designed to go off-road) drive as nicely as RWD with big tyres, Independent suspension and LSD. They have plenty of traction as they are, and AWD makes it more awkward to drive, when doing sharp turns, more expensive to buy, more things to go wrong too. Leave it RWD for me, and the Territory AWD
and make Territory II bigger, badder, meaner, faster and not as ugly... At this stage, I would still prefer Explorer to it.

G
#3 ·
Well that is all very well, but how do you propose to get all the torque and power to the ground on a wet or slimy surface.

I have a large trailer boat and trying to pull that up a greasy boat ramp at low tide makes the traction control work on the TE.

AWD would be great for this. Then again maybe I have the wrong car ........

#4 ·
i really want to know the weight involved in an AWD system for the falcon! i reckon 1.9T would be the case for the sedans!

i was watching TV before the new VW cant remember the name, the one thats meant to be a direct compeitor to the 7 series weighs 2.5T!!! thats heavy, but its backed up with a 400HP engine.

i reckon an easy way for ford to lose some weight it to make the dimensions smaller, to commodore size.

#6 ·
NO NO NO - HELL NO!!! PLEASE NO

I would never by another falcon if they went AWD - it SUCS big time - no more oversteer NOTHING - its SO BORING to drive - trust me.

The only way they could do it, is if they offered it as an option, and left the main model to sell seperatley (like the new magnas).

There is no need to make the performance cars AWD - the new control blade rear is very well tied down. Coupled with traction control its fine.

BTW to get the car up the slippery ramp, just turn on the traction control - but dont take away the pleasure of RWD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.