Ford Forums banner

BIG WHEELS & DSC

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  atec77 
#1 ·
I was speaking to a Bob Jane franchise owner who reckons that Ford don't endorse the fitment of larger wheels on the AWD models, even if the rolling diameter is the same. The local Ford dealer used to trick up some RWD models for sale with larger wheels but wouldn't do any of the AWD models. Apparently, it plays havoc with the DSC, 'cause the difference in tyre profile and subsequently the difference in tyre flex doesn't allow DSC to react or respond as it was designed too.

I'm looking to purchase an AWD model and was planning the fitment of aftermarket wheels (with the same overall diameter). Now, I'm not so sure.

Can anyone shed some light on this.

#2 ·
xh98 said:
I was speaking to a Bob Jane franchise owner who reckons that Ford don't endorse the fitment of larger wheels on the AWD models, even if the rolling diameter is the same. The local Ford dealer used to trick up some RWD models for sale with larger wheels but wouldn't do any of the AWD models. Apparently, it plays havoc with the DSC, 'cause the difference in tyre profile and subsequently the difference in tyre flex doesn't allow DSC to react or respond as it was designed too.

I'm looking to purchase an AWD model and was planning the fitment of aftermarket wheels (with the same overall diameter). Now, I'm not so sure.

Can anyone shed some light on this.
I would be asking elsewhere and compare stories

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.