Cargo area protection - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2004, 22:30   #1 (permalink)

Cargo area protection

Finally took delivery of my Territory last week and so far Im very happy with it overall. One concern I have is Toby my two-year-old dobermann, its like letting Edward Scissorhands loose in the back. I need something to line the sides as well as floor of the rear cargo area.

Ive found two sites on the web www.takla.com.au and www.supertrim.com.au which seem to offer solutions. Takla have a Standard Loadliner for $550 or an Executive Loadliner for $590, from the web photos these seem to cover the sides, wheel arches, tailgate and back of the back seat.

Supertrim offer a Protecta Liner that covers the floor, sides, wheel arches and back of the back seat (but not, it seems, the tailgate) for $385.

The two alternatives seem to be made of quite different materials.

Is anyone able to give me some feedback/advice/comments about these products?
dancal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2004, 05:52   #2 (permalink)
Australia's No.1 SUV

Re: Cargo area protection

The Ford accessory only covers the floor...
Info here
Havent seen the other two you mentioned. Are they carpet, plastic or rubber?
Territory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 22:35   #3 (permalink)

[QUOTE]Havent seen the other two you mentioned. Are they carpet, plastic or rubber?

The supertrim one seems to be synthetic backed carpet type material, the Takla is more of a cushioned 'poly' material of some sort, there are photos of both on the websites I quoted but I cant seem to paste them in here!
dancal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 23:51   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancal
Finally took delivery of my Territory last week and so far Im very happy with it overall. One concern I have is Toby my two-year-old dobermann, its like letting Edward Scissorhands loose in the back. I need something to line the sides as well as floor of the rear cargo area.

Ive found two sites on the web www.takla.com.au and www.supertrim.com.au which seem to offer solutions. Takla have a Standard Loadliner for $550 or an Executive Loadliner for $590, from the web photos these seem to cover the sides, wheel arches, tailgate and back of the back seat.

Supertrim offer a Protecta Liner that covers the floor, sides, wheel arches and back of the back seat (but not, it seems, the tailgate) for $385.

The two alternatives seem to be made of quite different materials.

Is anyone able to give me some feedback/advice/comments about these products?
Another option is to go to a motor trimmer or perhaps a canvas worker and get them to tailor-make something specifically to the Territory cargo area.

I reckon they'd be able to do something for you under the $500+ that you've been looking at!

Blood Orange GT-P
Zest Territory Ghia AWD
burnsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory