Delivery kilometres too high? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2004, 22:37   #1 (permalink)

Delivery kilometres too high?

Just got off the phone with my dealer who said my new Territory had 75 kilometres on it at delivery.

He said that while Falcons came with about 10-20 kilometres as standard, all the Territories they were receiving had 65 to 90 kilometres already on them.

Is he BSing me or is there a reason for this?
Daabidoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2004, 23:27   #2 (permalink)
rod

Re: Delivery kilometres too high?

greetings
i dont know about the Territories but i know the F.P.V vehicles are all road tested & have around 30 to 70 Kms on them prior to delivery

my guess is the territory would have around 10 to 20 Maximum, guess your has beed test driven a few times, i think if the dealer has more than 100 Kms on them they carnt sell them as new maybe somebody can enlighten us on this

regards
rod
Old 06-18-2004, 23:28   #3 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: Delivery kilometres too high?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daabidoh
Just got off the phone with my dealer who said my new Territory had 75 kilometres on it at delivery.

He said that while Falcons came with about 10-20 kilometres as standard, all the Territories they were receiving had 65 to 90 kilometres already on them.

Is he BSing me or is there a reason for this?

I have made numerous visits to my Ford dealer while waiting for my Territory to arrive (and had my bum in the drivers seat of just about all of the Territorys that have been in the yard), and most of them have had the little sticker on the drivers window that states the vehicle has been selected for a random extended road test.
I think this is a pretty good idea - nothing is as bad as taking delivery of your new car with 10kms on the clock, driving it down the road to find out that something is not how it should be!
I think Ford are just doing a really good job of Quality Assurance - a few extra kilometres for that added peace of mind.
rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 01:05   #4 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

and failing to have that sticker on the window id be asking for a discount as it sounds like it may have had a test drive or even theyve used it for work purposes thinking you aint gonna care or know the difference. if in doubt ring up Ford HQ and query on the amount of Ks they usually have at delivery.
Old 06-19-2004, 01:09   #5 (permalink)
BA FALCON XR6™

I sat in an August 03 pursuit today with 200 kms on the clock, the dealership wanted $57,000 on the road for it, only option was Auto trans - u know where i told them to put it, back in the holding yard!
FPV TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 01:18   #6 (permalink)
cArSiK

its quite possible the car has been used for afew test drives , cars are quite often picked off the lot at random for test drives if there is not a registered demo available...they chuck some trade plated on and go...

i dont think its anything to worry about......

James
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 17:35   #7 (permalink)

Hopefully not the one that we test drove last weekend. I asked him what's the redline on BA, he's said you can floor it as much as you want:p. He demonstrated by changing to sport shift and didn't change it till rpm was abit over 5k. That car had only 31kilometer - I'd be upset, if someone test drive my car and trash like that.
who carez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 20:42   #8 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

I'm sure the first Territories would be tested after they are built to make sure the quality is OK. This should continue for the first month or two of production.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 20:54   #9 (permalink)
Movin!

About 2 weeks before BA was released to dealers me and a mate who works at ford participated in random road tests at Ford HQ. There were close to a 800 cars of all models and we had to pick a random car, roadtest it for about 20km and write any discrepencies, noises etc and put the report on the windscreen for engineers.

Could have done somethig like this, there would of been a sticker on it when delievered to the dealer saying it would of been randomly road tested
Old 06-20-2004, 04:48   #10 (permalink)

I picked my Territory up last Friday it had 39 klms on the clock. That was after a predelivery test drive etc. Maybe you have been feed some BS.
Regards Robman
robman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory