Does anyone have this problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2005, 02:59   #1 (permalink)
CK 302

Question Does anyone have this problem

I have a Ghia AWD built feb 05, and after about 700 kms has developed this noise only when first driving off after reversing or starting the car, it sounds like a light clunk coming from around the transfer box and happens within about the first 15 meters of forward travel.
Should i be concerned?
Bassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2005, 03:26   #2 (permalink)

Re: Does anyone have this problem

Mine makes a noise when I use the handbrake. It seems to stick most of the time and releases in about the first 10 metres. Well that's what I believe it is, 'cause when I don't use the handbrake, it doesn't seem to make the noise.

I might be barking up your wrong tree though, just a suggestion.

grahill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 04:29   #3 (permalink)

Didnt someone say ages ago, it was something to do with either the ABS or the EBD building up pressure in the braking system... not sure if this is the truth... but thought i would add it.
Martyvan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 05:08   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman
I have a Ghia AWD built feb 05, and after about 700 kms has developed this noise only when first driving off after reversing or starting the car, it sounds like a light clunk coming from around the transfer box and happens within about the first 15 meters of forward travel.
Should i be concerned?
I have had a few cars with ABS and it seems to be the system initializing. I wouldnt be concerned and my Ghia does the same as previous cars I have driven.

Hope this helps.

My 2c.
Ange S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 05:14   #5 (permalink)
RDG

Quote:
I have a Ghia AWD built feb 05, and after about 700 kms has developed this noise only when first driving off after reversing or starting the car,
Yes, same here in my Mar 05 TS.

I've arranged a test drive with my Ford dealer next Mon regarding another problem. Will ask about this noise too and will post the outcome.
RDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 05:51   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Should i be concerned?
It sounds very much like the ABS self test noise - it has been described as a clunk or a flap closing. It occurs after every start, and after the vehicle reaches over 5kmh i believe. If it is this noise I am describing, it is perfectly normal.

Blood Orange GT-P
Zest Territory Ghia AWD
burnsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 15:40   #7 (permalink)
Still Smokin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsi
It sounds very much like the ABS self test noise - it has been described as a clunk or a flap closing. It occurs after every start, and after the vehicle reaches over 5kmh i believe. If it is this noise I am describing, it is perfectly normal.
Yes. It is the ABS setting itself. 100% normal.
Cheech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 17:44   #8 (permalink)
Crash Test Dummy

Yes I have the same noise in a Decemeber 04 GHIA. I was worried about this one too. Good to hear feedback that it is a normal noise although it doesn't sound real normal.
aswigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 19:26   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheech
Yes. It is the ABS setting itself. 100% normal.
This was covered in early Territory threads on this forum and our contributor Territory from Ford advised exactly this.
new2ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 22:52   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswigon
Yes I have the same noise in a Decemeber 04 GHIA. I was worried about this one too. Good to hear feedback that it is a normal noise although it doesn't sound real normal.
No this kind of noise in our mid January built (1 Feb. delivered, 2000km) GHIA RWD.
Iouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory