DVD/Entertainment package - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2004, 19:35   #1 (permalink)
ant

DVD/Entertainment package

I am planning a long road (Melbourne - Perth) trip soon in the territory. With a couple of children I will need some way to entertain them!

I have looked at the Rex unit - it looks good but is very expensive. For those with this unit is it worth the cost?

Has anybody fitted a non Ford roof mount screen to the territory? I have also looked at the Sony portable DVD which would sit on the centre console.

I would apprecaite any suggestion as to the best way to go.

Thanks
ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2004, 20:33   #2 (permalink)

Re: DVD/Entertainment package

ant.

I did a bit of research. (pros and cons etc). Eventually I went for a Teac portable DVD kit. I got it from Harvey Norman for $699. It has a DVD drive unit that fits under the drivers seat and TWO 6.2 inch TFT screens that strap onto the back of each front seat handrests. You can run the sound from the DVD unit into the sound system if you have the AUX audio jack installed ($65 from your dealer). It came with a remote, Game joy pad (25 basic games) and headphones. You'll need to buy an AC adpater separately if required.

I have seen this unit at JB HiFi as well..

NB: You'll want to travel in the back with the little takkas!

CAAK
CAAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 21:24   #3 (permalink)
ant

THanks for the information CAAK. I will check out the unit on the weekend. One of my concerns though is the need to unplug and setup after every lunch break/stop over etc so as to make sure no one steals the unit. But then again maybe a roof unit is just as obvious and a bigger target for theft!
ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 02:58   #4 (permalink)
cArSiK

There is a company in melb that installs 5" screens in the back of the driver and passenger headrests , it works out abit cheaper than the rex system...
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 18:15   #5 (permalink)

I bought the REX3 with the territory and it works great - it can play all region DVDs as well as MP3 discs and audio can come through car speakers. This was a benefit for me as my audience was 2 and 4 and wouldn't be able to cope with the headphones for long periods.

It is a bit exy and also has no TV input but I'm yet to give up on this - if I can work out how they attach the Playstation I'm hoping to get an incar TV tuner and route it the same way. If you go aftermarket - probably best to go headrest mounted and make sure they hook audio into the Aux port on the stereo.

Enjoy
lordricey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 00:49   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordricey
I bought the REX3 with the territory and it works great - it can play all region DVDs as well as MP3 discs and audio can come through car speakers. This was a benefit for me as my audience was 2 and 4 and wouldn't be able to cope with the headphones for long periods.

It is a bit exy and also has no TV input but I'm yet to give up on this - if I can work out how they attach the Playstation I'm hoping to get an incar TV tuner and route it the same way. If you go aftermarket - probably best to go headrest mounted and make sure they hook audio into the Aux port on the stereo.

Enjoy
The way they go about the play station / xbox is a 240v inverter installed in the centre console along with a connection for the av leads we went with this option from new but havn't tried it yet.
newgtowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 00:54   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgtowner
The way they go about the play station / xbox is a 240v inverter installed in the centre console along with a connection for the av leads we went with this option from new but havn't tried it yet.
So looks like you need the Games adapter then.

Have you found the sound coming through the stereo is a bit crackly when you play a DVD. I've only tried one disk so far for the kids but there is a feedback that seems to be in time with the engine RPM. Maybe they haven't earthed the system properly...
lordricey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 20:17   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
So looks like you need the Games adapter then.

Have you found the sound coming through the stereo is a bit crackly when you play a DVD. I've only tried one disk so far for the kids but there is a feedback that seems to be in time with the engine RPM. Maybe they haven't earthed the system properly...
Nope no feedback or statick sounds great
newgtowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 20:22   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cArSiK
There is a company in melb that installs 5" screens in the back of the driver and passenger headrests , it works out abit cheaper than the rex system...
Do you have any details of who the custom detailers are in Melb? I was thinking of getting this done but concerned with the quality of some of the work out there.

Cheers
XR6T Sedan, SSS Auto, Blueprint, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Sports Steering Wheel, CAI, BMC Filter, Centre Muffler Replaced with 2 x Straight Through 2.5" Pipes & Hot Dogs - OMG, WOW!!! Bring on the Edit, Injectors, Valve Springs, Bigger IC.......
TE Cortina 2.3Lt 200Hp Showcar (4 Sale - any interest?),
XR6T4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 22:03   #10 (permalink)

confused Re: DVD/Entertainment package

Can you confirm that it plays all regions. I took delivery of my new Territory (October 7th 04) including Rex3 DVD player and it will only play Australia (Area 11 i think it is) DVDs. A UK dvd returned the message - Incorrect Country code.

Quote:

Enjoy
Tisdaln is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory