Fpv Turbo Territory - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2003, 05:22   #1 (permalink)
Forced Falcon

Thumbs up Fpv Turbo Territory

If they make a FPV Turbo territory i will buy the first one. I can picture a black territory with really dark tinted windows and big chrome wheels. This would make a great car to go up against the SL 230 Mercedes and X5 BMW, and the ford brass have said that with a HSV 4 wheel drive wagon being done and the V8 not fitting in territory that a FPV Turbo Territory is a no brainer and is not a matter of if, but when it will come out

EB GT Black Manual with Sunroof Build Number 98

BA Fairmont Ice Mint Silver
EATURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2003, 05:31   #2 (permalink)

Re: Fpv Turbo Territory

Even if the Territory was quicker i would take the X5 4.4 or 4.8 The 4.8 will do 0-100 in 6 secs. If you drive an X5, just look at the quality all over....
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 12:19   #3 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

Yeah, but it's way too hard to overlook the price of the BMW.

When the XR8 lease if up in a few years, a Turbo Territory is high on the wish list. An X5 is just way out of my price bracket.

Lukeyson
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 13:36   #4 (permalink)

Turbo Territory for me too.

Although I might option it with the 19" wheels I have seen on one of the test mules around Broadmeadows. Very, very nice!!
RICHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 13:40   #5 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

FPV Turbo Territory?? I'll believe it when I see it... hell, if an FPV Turbo sedan is still a year away, (and yet still basically saleable right now), how long do you reckon they'll take with the Territory?

At best, 2006.
Old 11-12-2003, 13:45   #6 (permalink)

Speaking of the Territory did everyone see the write up on the Territory's interior in the latest Motor Mag??

Having read the article and also done the touchy feely stuff with a pre-prdocution car, I'm very impressed. Even better for me was the fact that at 6'4" I could fit in the 3rd row seat?!?!?!?! Wasn't lounge suite comfortable (or even close to it) but the fact that I could fit was damb impressive.

The article itself was really positive as well. But more importantly, did people like the sound of what they read in the article??
RICHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 15:32   #7 (permalink)
کhậ۴ţ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sparkle
FPV Turbo Territory?? I'll believe it when I see it... hell, if an FPV Turbo sedan is still a year away, (and yet still basically saleable right now), how long do you reckon they'll take with the Territory?

At best, 2006.
Could be why the FPV Turbo Sedan is so far away; Devoting thier efforts to Territory!

shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 16:01   #8 (permalink)
Formerly ELGhiaFury

I know for a fact that Ford are already evaluating what customers what from an FPV Territory. At one paticular survey they were trying to push the 6T though most people said no they want a V8. Will be interesting to see what develops...

I think it will be released with the range or shortly after, but we'll have to wait and see I guess.
Roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 16:49   #9 (permalink)
Forced Falcon

With the territory engine bay well and truely set in concrete and there is absolutely no way a v8 can fit in there, it could be the reason that a FPV Turbo could be fast tracked. Ford has learned that to have a product that is inferior to holden in HP department can kill your product quite fast Example is AU Falcon.
Turbo could be 270kw to match HSV Wagon but be cheaper to rego. I honestly think that Holden has made a big mistake with the 4 wheel drive wagon, its starting to become the commodore motor company as they soley rely on commodore derivatives and to me its a little boring. What ford is doing is using a lot of falcon parts but using a completely new look body which gives a fresh look. You could have a falcon and a territory parked out the front of your house and they both look different as opposed to the commodore twins. Holden has part admitted that it looked to commodore as they said that they added bits of plastic here and there and wheel flares etc etc to make it look different. As for a X5 or SL 230 being better quality!!! have you sat or seen or driven a production ready Territory, and look at BA refinement, my parents have an X5 and sure they are good quality but double the price and they have had problems with theres, glovebox keeps comming open, oil leaks, electrical problems. To drive an X5 i think the Fairmont Ghias interior works better.

EB GT Black Manual with Sunroof Build Number 98

BA Fairmont Ice Mint Silver
EATURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 17:42   #10 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHO
.....The article itself was really positive as well. But more importantly, did people like the sound of what they read in the article??
YEP!

I also loved the look of the 'T' in silver on the stand at the SMS.

A turbo would just be icing on the cake but tend to agree we will not see it on initial release.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory