front screen for tv - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2005, 14:08   #1 (permalink)

front screen for tv

hi all

that is a fine page about using the front screen but that is not where the plug is in a territory
or is it put in back the front (i looked there and it looks like a shocking spot)
can some one please tell me where i can get pal to ntsc converter for the front screen
or if it is possiable to connect a playstation 2 up to both
i already have a 10.4" pal ntsc screen in the car but it uses composite and the factory screen uses RGB plus SYNC

please help
bfmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2005, 15:08   #2 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Re: front screen for tv

I haven't yet gone looking myself but have read that the plug faces the front of the car, towards the windscreen. I can't imaging it being any different to the Falcon position.

Easy option is to talk to Blaupunkt. They have signal convertor that allows for 4 inputs (eg. SatNav + DVD + games console + reversing camera) plus ICC interface cable and the ability to feed the signal to a further 4 screens. Though not cheap.

The links I have posted elsewhere have been largely DIY approaches.
Old 03-14-2005, 23:04   #3 (permalink)
Crash Test Dummy

I believe this may be the Blaupunkt unit you are referring to. I have heard mention of fitting a dvd player into the spot where the tissue box sits. So that with this converter may be a solution.

http://www.blaupunkt.com.au/7607003551_main.asp

What I would like to know is if this would be a necessary component if you also have SatNav? I would think that the ICC has only one video input. Can anyone confirm this?
aswigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 04:41   #4 (permalink)
gbh

I too would like to know if, as I have Sat Nav factory installed that I already have the Blaupunkt signal converter and it is simply a matter of plugging other devices in.
or.. do I still need to purchase this box should I wish to install other A/V devices.
gbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 14:58   #5 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswigon
I believe this may be the Blaupunkt unit you are referring to.
http://www.blaupunkt.com.au/7607003551_main.asp
What I would like to know is if this would be a necessary component if you also have SatNav? I would think that the ICC has only one video input. Can anyone confirm this?
Yes that's the one aswigon.

My understanding is that;
  • Yes, the factory screen only has one video input
  • It requires NTSC format via RGB (Red, Green, Blue) + Sync. cabling
  • The factory SatNav outputs in this format so does not require a converter
  • If installed the factory SatNav will be using the factory screens video input

So, if you want to instal more than factory SatNav and/or any device not outputing in NTSC with RGB+Sync than the Blau converter is the go.

If you want to instal a single device that does output in NTSC with RGB+Sync then the Blau convertor is not required.

There is a DIY on another board were a guy hooks up a Digital TV set-top box into a Falcon XR6 screen without using any convertors. Not all set-top boxes will output in this format but one from TEAC apparently does and things like X-Boxes can be modified to do so as well.

[Disclaimer] This is just knowledge that I have gathered from this and other forums, I am by no means an expert in this field, have no electronics background and am surprised that I have understood as much as I have so far.[/disclaimer]
Old 03-15-2005, 17:39   #6 (permalink)
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPTOR
Yes that's the one aswigon.

My understanding is that;
  • Yes, the factory screen only has one video input
  • It requires NTSC format via RGB (Red, Green, Blue) + Sync. cabling
  • The factory SatNav outputs in this format so does not require a converter
  • If installed the factory SatNav will be using the factory screens video input

So, if you want to instal more than factory SatNav and/or any device not outputing in NTSC with RGB+Sync than the Blau converter is the go.

If you want to instal a single device that does output in NTSC with RGB+Sync then the Blau convertor is not required.

There is a DIY on another board were a guy hooks up a Digital TV set-top box into a Falcon XR6 screen without using any convertors. Not all set-top boxes will output in this format but one from TEAC apparently does and things like X-Boxes can be modified to do so as well.

[Disclaimer] This is just knowledge that I have gathered from this and other forums, I am by no means an expert in this field, have no electronics background and am surprised that I have understood as much as I have so far.[/disclaimer]
Awesome. Thanks for the info Raptor.

Has anyone put a dvd player head unit in their Terri and display on the ICC? This unit with the Blaupunkt box looks like a good combo. http://www.alpine.com.au/downloads/product/DVA-5210.pdf

Actually what I would like is to have headrest mounted screens too. If anyone has ever done this to a car I would be interested to hear how it went and if there were any caveats. Where does the wiring to the display go? Up the centre of a headrest post?
aswigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 19:48   #7 (permalink)

biggrin Re: front screen for tv

A reseller here in NZ has sent me some files on the requirements / install for the Blaupunkt system. The fourm wont let me upload these files, PM me and I will be happy to send them to you. (Power point)
What scares me is the price!!!!!
Since I already have the DVD and TV all I will need is the converter and the leads (which I will make myself)
Cutsnake has found the missing pics and they are back up on the website:
http://www.fordmods.com/phpBB2/documents.php?doc=38
Together with all this information we should be able to do this
I haven’t read the files yet, please comment on the best (cost effective) solution.

Steve
Hivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 20:18   #8 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

If it wasn't for the price I would have done this already too.

PM for files heading your way.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:07   #9 (permalink)
gbh

http://www.globalskunkworks.com/temp/bamminstall.ppt

http://www.globalskunkworks.com/temp/fordlayout.ppt
gbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory