Fuel problems? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2005, 04:57   #1 (permalink)

Fuel problems?

Just recently took the Territory to Deep Creek conservation Park. We were on a 4WD track that wasn't particularly steep and the Territory died, seemed like it had run out of fuel couldn't get it started for anything had to get the ranger (in a Toyota) to get us out of potentially dangerous situation on a blind corner facing down hill.(still had 1/4 tank of fuel, 110km on trip meter) Eventually when we got back to the start of the track I thought I would give it one more try, it started very pissed off as all this took over two hours Has any one else had a similar problem?
MONO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2005, 13:47   #2 (permalink)

Re: Fuel problems?

I wouldn't go off on a bush track, where you are consuming more fuel, with only 110 km left showing on the trip meter (regardless of what the gauge is showing) - there is not that much fuel left at this level and maybe on the slope the outlet on the tank wasn't picking up fuel. The restarting also sounds like it confirms a low fuel stuation.
new2ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 18:07   #3 (permalink)
In-line 6, DOHC, 24V

Sounds like the fuel pick up was starved of fuel, not a good sign. In steel tanks there are baffles that trap fuel when climbing or descending hills, I wonder if the Territory's plastic tank has such baffles in them.
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:03   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford
I wouldn't go off on a bush track, where you are consuming more fuel, with only 110 km left showing on the trip meter (regardless of what the gauge is showing) - there is not that much fuel left at this level and maybe on the slope the outlet on the tank wasn't picking up fuel. The restarting also sounds like it confirms a low fuel stuation.
CHEERS THANKS FOR THE REPLY, I MUST ADMIT AT THE TIME I DID THINK I PUSHED MY LUCK!!
Old 01-26-2005, 01:09   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydep
Sounds like the fuel pick up was starved of fuel, not a good sign. In steel tanks there are baffles that trap fuel when climbing or descending hills, I wonder if the Territory's plastic tank has such baffles in them.
THANKS FOR THE REPLY IT SEEMS THEY DON'T I'LL CHEK IT OUT WHEN I TAKE IT TO THE DEALER EITHER WAY IT HAS TAUGHT ME NOT TO 'GO BUSH' WITHOUT A GOOD AMOUNT OF FUEL IN THE TANK!!CHEERS.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:10   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydep
THANKS FOR THE REPLY IT SEEMS THEY DON'T I'LL CHECK IT OUT WHEN I TAKE IT TO THE DEALER EITHER WAY IT HAS TAUGHT ME NOT TO 'GO BUSH' WITHOUT A GOOD AMOUNT OF FUEL IN THE TANK!!CHEERS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory