Future Territory Varients? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2004, 17:36   #1 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Future Territory Varients?

I was thinking the other day, as I do now and then, of the future possibilities of the territory.

Personally i think its a bit silly to go through all the effort of biulding the territory and then just leaving it as is.

Would it be so hard for Ford to hopefully use the platform for different variants such as a Hi-Po version (although that should be coming). But what about a more "serious" off road version? One with say buffed up suspension and trye packages and more hardcore accessories like snorkels etc?

Or even maybe a 4x4 Territory ute? The possibilities are endless!

So what does everyone else think? Will there be further development for new models?

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2004, 17:42   #2 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Re: Future Territory Varients?

I think a nice variation would be people posting in the correct forum
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 17:44   #3 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

yeah sorry dk...i just thought it would get more exposure in the pub. I dont think to many people look here thats all.

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 19:26   #4 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

• I understand that a high-ride (RTV like) model is already undergoing testing!
  • A turbo model is more or less confirmed, but will it be available as an AWD or RWD only (or both)?
  • Then when the piggy-bank is full again a dual-cab extended wheelbase ute version (only then will I forgive them for not making the R5 a reality)
Old 05-31-2004, 22:13   #5 (permalink)

Given current fuel price trends and Territory's fuel usage rate, an E-Gas version would be nice - ASAP please.
BeansNoMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 22:49   #6 (permalink)

I like the idea of a serious off road territory, something too show up the cruisers and etc- 250ml ground clearance, front and rear diff locks, better underbody protection etc and the option of a dual cab ute : ) thats my kinda territory!
Old 06-01-2004, 00:32   #7 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

RossBOSS,

It's nice to dream but a Territory will never show up a Cruiser in serious off road terrain, and that's a good thing. I don't won't a Territory that's built like a truck.

A High-Ride version with diff-locks would go anywhere most people want to go anyway.
RAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 15:38   #8 (permalink)

cruiser arnt built like trucks- my dads 100 series has as much ride comfert as our old EL, and it can keep up with a XF when accelarating from 5th gear. Just because its built like a truck dosnt mean it goes like one. Some cases it isnt true- the 60 series was a truck but the morden cruisers are surprising car like on road, plus they can go far off road, Im not saying they perform like a car- because they wont, but they have a lot of things on par with a car.
And besides a high ride with territory with diff locks would complete well with a crusier off road, the only weakness is a lack of low range, thats it
Old 06-01-2004, 16:31   #9 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Point taken. I guess a lot of work has been done to allow Cruisers & co. to 'feel' like passenger cars in the day-to-day cruise. However it when things start to go wrong that I'd rather be in a Territory due to their active & passive safety features.

Braking, Swerve recovery, DSC, crumple zones, multiple airbags etc make Territory my pick for predominantly urban driving.

For predominantly tough 4-wheeling the Cruisers frame chassis, gearing, wheel articlulation and general durability would outdo a Territory, even one with higher ride height and locked diffs.

It horses for courses - choose your steed!
RAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 17:49   #10 (permalink)

A lot of people ( like my family for example ) have a Crusier and a falcon, best of both worlds. A territorys just something inbetween
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory