Ford Forums banner

Future Territory Varients?

6K views 35 replies 22 participants last post by  AUtoo 
#1 ·
I was thinking the other day, as I do now and then, of the future possibilities of the territory.

Personally i think its a bit silly to go through all the effort of biulding the territory and then just leaving it as is.

Would it be so hard for Ford to hopefully use the platform for different variants such as a Hi-Po version (although that should be coming). But what about a more "serious" off road version? One with say buffed up suspension and trye packages and more hardcore accessories like snorkels etc?

Or even maybe a 4x4 Territory ute? The possibilities are endless!

So what does everyone else think? Will there be further development for new models?

#28 ·
Hay Martin do you have any idea how much a 100 series wieghs? do you? Dry wieght is 2300kgs, and thats not including the five people and completly full cargo area ( up too the roof thanks to a cargo barrier ). It also not 60k cruiser. It is the BASIC model, not a GXL. Forgive if im wrong, but wernt XF's the first of the EFI falcons? which is what I presume you call CFi. Dont go shooting ya mouth off if you dont know all the facts

#29 ·
Perana XR8 said:
A nice 3.5L I6 turbo Diesel ala BMW X5 would be nice or even the 3.0L TD out of the Discovery which is an ex BMW motor.
Yes I was thinking the same thing. I'd have the Discovery diesel in the TX and TS and either the Volvo D5 or Jaguar's new TDi V6 in the Ghia. FPV could even do a version with a Jag TDi V6.
Here's my AWD line up. The RWD models could have the same or minus the Diesels.

TX - 182kw 6 (5A) or 2.5 TD5 (5M) (5A)
TS - 182kw 6 (5A) or 2.5 TD5 (5M) (5A)
Ghia - 200kw 6 (5A) or Volvo D5/Jag TDi V6 (5A)
RX6 Turbo - 240kw T6 (6M) (5A)

FPV Hurricane - 270kw T6 (6M) (6A) or Jag TDi V6 (6M) (6A)

#30 ·
my thoughts

Australians have never warmed well to the idea of desiel passenger machines only 4x4 and trucks have done well in that front but desiels are improving so that perception may change over time but I think it will take time Had a ride in a turbo desiel volvo 40S in europe and it was quiet, comfortable and a rocket so it can be done.

FORD PLEASE do not give the territory any more off road ability it doesnt need it and is a waste of money, instead a new platform with live axles and make a hardcore off road machine then you have both ends of the market but they never can merge it is one or the other trying to do both means it does neither well. Sure share body pannels and interio design but you need a real sub frame and live axles with less overhang

Those that want more off road ability I think you made the wrong choice in car ford has been very careful not to aim it at hard off road work and only light fire trail an beach style work that is what its good at the perfect machine for a weekend up the mountains camping or the picnic

If you want to tame cape york buy a real 4x4 not that there is many of them left on the market even toyota have gone soft with IFS onthe 100s landcruiser

#36 ·
Christopher said:
TX - 182kw 6 (5A) or 2.5 TD5 (5M) (5A)
TS - 182kw 6 (5A) or 2.5 TD5 (5M) (5A)
Ghia - 200kw 6 (5A) or Volvo D5/Jag TDi V6 (5A)
RX6 Turbo - 240kw T6 (6M) (5A)

FPV Hurricane - 270kw T6 (6M) (6A) or Jag TDi V6 (6M) (6A)
I'm pretty sure the new model Disco III has a new 2.7L V6 TDi that would do the job nicely.

For diesels to gain popularity, the public need to see how far the technology has come in recent years. And the only way to do that is to release models with these engines in them - the Terry seems a great choice to do this...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.