GP confirms no V8 Territory - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2003, 21:04   #1 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

GP confirms no V8 Territory

A news article at GoAuto HERE has a straight from the source confirmation of the Territory being 6 only...

Quote:
Mr Polites has confirmed that the new cross-over Territory model will be released in early 2004 without a V8 option.

"We can't do everything, we have a very good six-cylinder engine," he said. The Barra V8 will not fit into the engine bay of the Territory with all the ancillaries that go along with an all-wheel drive drivetrain.
I have no other comment to make at this time - I'm too busy crafting voodoo dolls of the members of the Product Planning & Marketing Departments at Ford.

Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2003, 21:08   #2 (permalink)
4WD Jockey

I don't beleive this, this is a MAJOR stuff up.
NOW WHAT ABOUT V8 WAGONS!!!. I tell ya what, that's plain stupidity. No V8 BA Wagon, No V8 Territory (as most Ford fans with a family were hoping).....
LoverBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 21:38   #3 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

I guess they are hoping those wanting a V8 are a minority worth ignoring for the time being, particularly if they do offer a turbo option.
Old 05-06-2003, 21:47   #4 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Said it before and I'll say it again...

HUGE MISTAKE

There has been a LOT of sacrifice in the name of the Territory, particularly in the wagon segment. No V8, no Fairmont/Ghia, etc. "All in good time, there will be something for you that's even better!" - they keep claiming.....

If they're telling us now that we can't expect these wagon casualties to be re-introduced in a Territory equivalent, then that will confirm a lot of suspicions I have about the ineptitude and stupidity of certain FMC persons.

.... and NO, a V8 RWD version released in 18+ months time will NOT be good enough. Again, we will find ourselves with no direct competitor for Holdens AWD V8 platform. Great work team.
Old 05-06-2003, 21:58   #5 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

"Hello QANTAS? Yeah, I need a ticket for the next flight down to Melbourne. By the way, do you allow passengers to carry, umm, weapons?"

I am sure we (those of us expressing dismay) are a small proportion of the market. However, that's what Ford said in 1982 wasn't it?

<font size=5>HERE WE GO AGAIN!</font>

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 22:18   #6 (permalink)
Ford Tickford Experience

Mr Nazi was being a bit cocky, well, I'm sure people that don't want V8's want a 6 that isn't a whining piece of shit as is his Ecotec!
Old 05-06-2003, 22:22   #7 (permalink)
Very happy GT-P owner

Once again we have Ford, telling us what we want instead of listening to us and finding out what WE want....

Here is Holden coming up with concept cars like there is no tomorrow, the SSX is a brilliant concept and would be one vehicle that would drag me over to Holden, but what do Ford give us...No more wagons with a V8

But for a XR8 or dare I say it GT/GT-P wagon I would sell my soul to the devil, Holden can bring out a SS wagon, so why cant Ford bring out the XR8 wagon, poor sales they cry, well bollocks to that because if I want a V8 wagon I will go to Holden and Ford will miss out on a sale all together.

You cant tell me in todays highly technological enviroment I cant go to Ford and say give me a station wagon, with a XR front end, drop a boss 290 into it and throw the GT-P interior in....

Wake up Ford this attitude is costing sales
www.fpvxrclub.com.au
GTP07S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 22:28   #8 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

This car wasn't aimed at the enthusiast to begin with.

Would have been nice though if marketing told us there will be no barra powered V-8 Territory earlier instead of being completely wanked around with lines like "Territory will share some Falcon engines."
Old 05-06-2003, 22:30   #9 (permalink)
Cheerful Idiot

I thought we'd got over this thing where Ford just build things.

Quote:
By Sparkles
There has been a LOT of sacrifice in the name of the Territory, particularly in the wagon segment. No V8, no Fairmont/Ghia, etc. "All in good time, there will be something for you that's even better!" - they keep claiming
Too true, Big Man. They need to get it right first time - there's no reason why they can't, it worked for BA. This includes what RPO said about building up expectations, if people knew from the kick off there'd be no 8, opnion might be different.

Anyone know what Falcon wagon sales are like compared to Holdens?
Ford Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 23:08   #10 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

It still staggers me that a completely new model would be consciously designed to deny the V8/AWD component combination. It's not like this combo was required to be fitted into an existing engine bay in an existing model, they should have had a clean slate to comfortably engineer it.

Truly speechless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory