Herrod Performance Mods for Territory - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2004, 22:37   #1 (permalink)

Herrod Performance Mods for Territory

Just got an e-mail listing Herrod Motorsport's performance modifications for the Territory:

Cold Air Induction - http://www.herrodmotorsport.com.au/index.asp?id=175

Stainless Steel Cats-back Exhaust - http://www.herrodmotorsport.com.au/index.asp?id=174

Stainless Steel Full Exhaust - http://www.herrodmotorsport.com.au/index.asp?id=173

High-flow Air Filter - http://www.herrodmotorsport.com.au/index.asp?id=176

I have their full exhaust system on my GTP, it's excellent quality, and makes a huge difference!

Blood Orange GT-P
Zest Territory Ghia AWD
burnsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2004, 23:22   #2 (permalink)

Re: Herrod Performance Mods for Territory

have just ordered the full system for my Ghia.
Cant Wait !!!!!!!
Ferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 02:59   #3 (permalink)
Have Terri Will Travel

Got the same email, am going for the full system, induction and filter, have to tell hubby that can be my chrissy present. One of my friends has the works on her XR6T sedan and it flies.
Territorygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 07:02   #4 (permalink)
In-line 6, DOHC, 24V

Anyone got some dyno figures of before & after?

I'd like to see where in the rev range the power & torque is improved.

Mostly how much extra torque & at what revs.
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 05:02   #5 (permalink)

Hi All.
Attached is an initial Dyno sheet for my Ghia AWD

I have complained to the dealer here that I am losing power as the underbonnet temp rises, as it does in this part of the world. After having the vehicle for a week, they claimed not to be able to notice any difference. So I got the SH##ts and went to the only 4wd dyno in Darwin and tested myself.

both runs were done as similarly as possible. Ambient 32C, 60% RH.
we ended holding the auto in 3rd to reduce load on the restraints, and to spread the power delivery. First run is with bonnet up, and airbox temp at 55C. Second is with it down, after letting the airbox temp rise to 75C, which is what we measured with the vehicle running in the sun, as normal in Darwin traffic. The differences are obvious, and stunned not only the dyno operator, but also the Ford service guy. Unfortunately, his only response so far is that he is not sure what to do, and not sure if ford can fix it.

The dyno guy said even the first run was running rich, and the second even richer. If i pop the bonnet after driving for a couple of hours, the plastic air intake, air filter box, and feed tubing to manifold are all so hot I cant touch them. The engine computer temp sensors must be reading this, and trying to cope by adding fuel & pulling back power. Inquiries with those who know (No names !!) suggest this is a known problem.

I am posting this here, as I am hoping the ceramic coated headers from Herrods will help to lower the temps. The new air intake should also help at least get more air to the inlet manifold. I will do some more dyno runs as soon as it is done.

I am a bit disappointed with only 110KW at the wheels standard though.

Comments or suggestions gratefully accepted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dyno 1.jpg (53.8 KB, 120 views)
Ferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 15:57   #6 (permalink)
In-line 6, DOHC, 24V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris
Hi All.
Attached is an initial Dyno sheet for my Ghia AWD

I have complained to the dealer here that I am losing power as the underbonnet temp rises, as it does in this part of the world. After having the vehicle for a week, they claimed not to be able to notice any difference. So I got the SH##ts and went to the only 4wd dyno in Darwin and tested myself.

both runs were done as similarly as possible. Ambient 32C, 60% RH.
we ended holding the auto in 3rd to reduce load on the restraints, and to spread the power delivery. First run is with bonnet up, and airbox temp at 55C. Second is with it down, after letting the airbox temp rise to 75C, which is what we measured with the vehicle running in the sun, as normal in Darwin traffic. The differences are obvious, and stunned not only the dyno operator, but also the Ford service guy. Unfortunately, his only response so far is that he is not sure what to do, and not sure if ford can fix it.

The dyno guy said even the first run was running rich, and the second even richer. If i pop the bonnet after driving for a couple of hours, the plastic air intake, air filter box, and feed tubing to manifold are all so hot I cant touch them. The engine computer temp sensors must be reading this, and trying to cope by adding fuel & pulling back power. Inquiries with those who know (No names !!) suggest this is a known problem.

I am posting this here, as I am hoping the ceramic coated headers from Herrods will help to lower the temps. The new air intake should also help at least get more air to the inlet manifold. I will do some more dyno runs as soon as it is done.

I am a bit disappointed with only 110KW at the wheels standard though.

Comments or suggestions gratefully accepted
Traditional exhaust extractors have always increases under-bonnet temperatures. I have read that the ceramic coated type help aleviate this problem, but it would be a good idea to find out what the difference in under-bonnet temps between the standard Ford exhaust manifold & the ceramic coated extractors are.

Have you checked out the cold air intakes?
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 17:18   #7 (permalink)

have you thought of any extra heat shielding around the exhaust like some heat shielding tape it may look ugly but it does reduce underbonnet temps more than the flimsy heat shield ford uses above the headers hmmm. maybe go the full setup new headers cai and filter as well as some heat shield tape may help.
mcnamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 00:05   #8 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

Bonnet vents!

Or just wack a couple of washers under the bonnet hinges!
Old 12-15-2004, 00:27   #9 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

If I had a Territory, I would be heading straight for Herrod's to get these done, after all it's just a BA I6 under there, so a little more omph couldn't hurt.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory