How much leg room in the third row? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2005, 07:55   #1 (permalink)

How much leg room in the third row?

I'm considering a Territory and had a quick look at one set up with the third row seats. To me it didn't look like there was much leg room. I have to transport 4 teenagers who will grow into adults over the next 5 years. Any comments on how the third row will cope with this?

The one I looked at had a ledge (about 15cm wide) in front of the seat and then the foot well. Does the seat slide forward to cover the ledge? Any comments?
Saba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2005, 12:41   #2 (permalink)
PaulV

Re: How much leg room in the third row?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba
I'm considering a Territory and had a quick look at one set up with the third row seats. To me it didn't look like there was much leg room. I have to transport 4 teenagers who will grow into adults over the next 5 years. Any comments on how the third row will cope with this?

The one I looked at had a ledge (about 15cm wide) in front of the seat and then the foot well. Does the seat slide forward to cover the ledge? Any comments?
The last row is for kids, or larger people over short distances. I certainly wouldn't ask 2 large teenagers to spend any length of time in the back. Leg room for larger people is fine but overall it's a bit claustraphobic and the seats are thin - it's a big ask to force larger people into the third row. I think you're going to need to get the Honda Odyssey.
Paulv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 17:53   #3 (permalink)
Growing Older but Not Up

I agree with Paulv - the third row seat is not for some one who needs it regularly. Miine has been used twice in three months of ownership and is very much a compromise. My 11 year old enjoys the novelty of it but I think he would get sick of it if he had to be in it all the time or share it with his 13 year old brother.
Ouzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 19:37   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulv
I think you're going to need to get the Honda Odyssey.
Thanks for that. Funny the Honda Odyssey is my second choice (but there is a looooooong gap between first and second). Don't really want a people mover, but if the Territory is not up to it then I may have too.

Probably only one would have to sit in the back at any one time, but I guess 1000km round trips are out of the question.
Saba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 01:38   #5 (permalink)
PaulV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba
Thanks for that. Funny the Honda Odyssey is my second choice (but there is a looooooong gap between first and second). Don't really want a people mover, but if the Territory is not up to it then I may have too.

Probably only one would have to sit in the back at any one time, but I guess 1000km round trips are out of the question.
It's the least daggy of a daggy collection of vehicles. If it came with a V6 I'd certainly have looked at it. About the only V6 van I can think of is the Voyager and there's no way I'd spend serious money on that.

BTW there's NO WAY you could convince people to spend 1000k in the third row. (unless you put DVD players all over the car and PS2's)
Paulv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory