Increasing wind noise from drivers side door - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2005, 15:50   #1 (permalink)

Question Increasing wind noise from drivers side door

Over the last month or so my drivers side door doesn't seem to be sealing properly and I have been getting increasing wind noise.

I can't come up with any theories why it has all of a sudden started to do this. Does any body have any ideas for quick fixes for this or should I go and see the service people ?

Any thoughts ??
TerritoryiAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2005, 15:14   #2 (permalink)
jnr

Re: Increasing wind noise from drivers side door

Just try putting your knee at the top of the door trim and pull the top of the door- common practice on the production line
jnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 00:58   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnr
Just try putting your knee at the top of the door trim and pull the top of the door- common practice on the production line
Thanks Jnr will give that a go and reply back the result.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:14   #4 (permalink)

is the noise just a small whistling sound? and are you serious teritorial??
mcnamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 15:24   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnamg
is the noise just a small whistling sound? and are you serious teritorial??
No it's not whistling it's a wind noise like a low roar. No probs at low speed up to about 60km/h but then it becomes noticeable. Especiallly with cross winds for some reason. Very annoying at 100 km/h.

I have tried Jnr's suggestion but was a bit cautious how much pressure to use. I have since spoken to my bother in law who is a mechanic who tells me they use this method all the time and you can put a lot a pressure on the door top of the window frame without drama.

Haven't had another go at it yet. But will give it another try using a bit more grunt.

And why wouldn't I be serious ??
Old 03-28-2005, 00:59   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerritoryiAL
No it's not whistling it's a wind noise like a low roar. No probs at low speed up to about 60km/h but then it becomes noticeable. Especiallly with cross winds for some reason. Very annoying at 100 km/h.

I have tried Jnr's suggestion but was a bit cautious how much pressure to use. I have since spoken to my bother in law who is a mechanic who tells me they use this method all the time and you can put a lot a pressure on the door top of the window frame without drama.

Haven't had another go at it yet. But will give it another try using a bit more grunt.

And why wouldn't I be serious ??
It may seem obvious, however with the glass down of course!
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 04:18   #7 (permalink)

sorry territorial i was actually asking jnr if he was serious and you about the noise as i have a similar situation with my passenger door with an annoying but not overly loud noise from the top rear corner of the door seal. cant hear it from the drivers seat but bugs the hell out of passengers unless the stereo is turned way up kinda a low roar. will try out door frame trick to see if that helps.

on a side note my front passenger seat sounds like it has come from a taxi with 600000 k's on the odometer it squeaks whenever you take off or stop and when you get in and out of the car and when you adjust your weight on it. has anyone else had this issue and can ford fix it? started when the car only had 450k's on the clock just as we left for a trip down south and havent had a chance to take it ford yet. any suggestions would be great thanks
mcnamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 21:34   #8 (permalink)

I just bought an 05 supercrew and I know exactly what your talking about. the noise sounds like your in a bad windstorrm at 60 mph. I test drove a buddys and he has the same thing, a little less noisier then mine, but still there. I'm shooting an email to the ford dealer that I bought it from to see what the deal is. Every time I get in to the vehicle its all I think about, cause its brand new and I'm in a wind tunnel and making payments on it. My buddy said that he never noticed it.
bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory