Re: Never again
After being told a Customer Relations representative would contact me at 9.00am Monday morning, I got a call from them at 11.30am. She appologised and listened to my complaint, I gave her a quick run down and explained that I would rather put it down on paper and email or fax it to her. She agreed, asked for my email address and said she would send me an email with her address, I'm still waiting.
She also promised to sort out the problem.
I've included the letter that I am sending her. Is it appropriate?
I have had an ill-feeling towards (dealer) that has grown from the day I went in to purchase the Territory Ghia.
The story is too long to tell all and I don’t want to be a bore, so I will list the issues that have affected my view on the (dealer) Company.
• Tried to charge me for Prestige Paint on the Ghia.
• After I signed the paper work, S....n informed me I had to talk to a S..e. I was disappointed to have S..e. explain to me that she was the aftermarket con******t; I thought I had just purchased the top of the range Territory and I dread having aftermarket items fitted, because I worry about them causing problems with the vehicle. I mentioned this several times to S..e and S....n, both assured me that all work is carried out by professionals. I was also disappointed because S....n did not ask if I had the time or inclination to talk to Su..e.
• On the same day, (dealer) was advertising ‘free mats with the Territory; this was not mentioned or offered to me, I saw the advertisement on a vehicle as I left the office.
• Su..e called me two weeks later and asked if I had made a decision, I told her that I had decided “not” to have them. She then told me “if you go anywhere else & get it done you will void your new car warranty. And I’d hate to see that happen….” I then phoned S....n and explained how angry I was. S....m gave me the impression that I was not telling the truth, he called me several days later and tried to convince me that he thought Su..e had meant the paint protection warranty would be affected if I went anywhere else for the same aftermarket products, I did not agree.
• Two weeks later, Su..e contacted me again and offered the two stage paint protection, interior protection and the premium SunSmart tint for $600 less than her original quote. I was flabbergasted, and asked why. I eventually agreed to her offer but with Trepidation.
• Contact from S....n became irregular, but I was not too concerned about it. But when the estimated delivery date got closer I called him on Saturday to find out if there was a definite delivery date, I needed to know so I could organise insurance. I was told yes, Thursday. My wife and I were both extremely happy and all bad feelings towards (dealer) forgotten.
• On Monday I contacted S....n again for the VIN and registration numbers to allow me to insure the vehicle, S.....n gave me the VIN number; 6FPAAAJGAT4L5....5.
• Thursday night, just before pick-up, I receive a call from S....n; he informs me that the Transport deptartment has issued the incorrect number plate for the vehicle, and that I would not be able to pick it up. That was not a problem, but I explained to S....n that I had organized for the transfer of insurance from my trade-in to the Territory for that night; S....n was kind enough to offer a loan car.
• That night we take our trade-in to (dealer) Ford and S....n shows us our new car, my family and I were extremely happy, but I noticed only two drink bottles. I asked about the other two, S....n told us the Territory only came with two, so I asked if he could throw in another two to compensate for the inconvenience, S.....n said he would organise something.
• Friday I re-organise the insurance; VIN number 6FPAAAJGAT4L5....0, registration number X..-..3. S.... calls & tells me that the registration number is wrong; correct number is X..-..5. So mad rush to contact insurance company again.
• On the pick-up day I am so happy, all bad feelings are forgotten. I ask S....n about the drink bottles, and I am told he could not organise any; I thought buying a $60,000 car and having had a poor experience with (dealer) that a couple of drink bottles could have been thrown in. While conversing with S....n I ask how he had given the Transport department the wrong VIN number; he insists that it was the Transport department’s “fault”. If that is true, how did I end up with the wrong VIN number for the insurance? Have I just been lied to once or more often than I know of?
• Driving the Territory that weekend, all negatives of (dealer) are forgotten, my family and I are very happy.
• Monday we are told to pick up the warranty papers for the aftermarket products, there is mention of a warranty for the window tint but no documentation. My wife enquires with Su..e, and asks about it.
• S..e phones and informs me that the wrong tint has been installed; there goes all the good feeling. I mention that I am concerned that removing the trim again will cause problems; she assures me there will not be a problem. Back to (dealer) on Friday morning, and pick it up that evening; the car is filthy, black/grey water stains on paint, grubby windows & dirty carpets, this I can handle. A rattle in the rear right hand door trim is too much, that night the horn went of for about 60 seconds, has not happened since; to say I am disappointed is an understatement.
• Saturday the 25th, I phone to talk to S....n, he is not available. The Manager talks to me instead and tells me to talk to G...... in the service the department, he transfers my call. G..... is not there, and the person I talk to can not help me, or transfer me. I am extremely angry by this stage and tell him “I have purchased my first & last new car from (dealer).” I later phone back to speak to Su..e, but I am told she is not in, the receptionist wants to put me through to the manager, I say “don’t bother he can’t help me.” And I explain how angry I am with (dealer); she takes down my details and tells me that a Customer Relations representative will contact me Monday morning.
• The Manager calls me 10 minutes later and asks if the problem was sorted, I say “no”, he must have sensed that I was not too happy, as he also mentions the Customer Relations representative, he takes down my details & tells me I will be contacted Monday morning at 9.00am
I am sorry to say that the experience with (dealer) Ford has left me feeling dreadful; I wish I had never purchased the vehicle from (dealer). The Territory is a fabulous vehicle, it is everything we have wanted in a vehicle, and I will definitely be trading it in for the upgraded model when it is released.
It was mentioned to me that if any sales of the Territory were made through my recommendation, I would receive a spotter’s fee. I do recommend and brag about the Ford Territory to everyone I know. But at the moment I can not recommend (dealer) to anyone for a few dollars.
Thank you for your phone call, I hope we can sort out our problems.