Ford Forums banner

Off Road

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  TwinPiston 
#1 ·
Can anyone let me know if they have tried the Territory off road - particularly on beach - as Im not sure of difference between AWD and 4WD. How does it perform when off roading?????

#2 ·
Pablo said:
Can anyone let me know if they have tried the Territory off road - particularly on beach - as Im not sure of difference between AWD and 4WD. How does it perform when off roading?????
Haven't tried my Terri on beach at all - it is a 2WD so the idea doesn't excite me heaps, but my bro-in-law is keen to take me out for a day on the beach, he'll tug me out of problems in his 'lux ute... I have done some bush tracks and forest trails though, and as long as your conscious of the ground clearance and aren't hopping over rocks - even the 2wd gets through OK...

I know a few guys on another forum more popular with Territory owners (MODERATORS PLEASE DELETE IF THIS IS NOT OK AS I DO WISH TO REMAIN A MEMBER OF THIS FORUM) - www.fordforums.com. None of them have had too many problems on the beach, not even needing to reduce pressures, as long as the traction control settings are set correctly (go by your book). The main idea is to keep momentum, and allowing the TC to be too intrusive slows the momentum of the wheels and the vehicle digs down, rather than rolls forward - obviously not a good thing!

#3 ·
Can you PM me the name of the forum taipan. I would be keen to know more info.

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.