Parts from new territory (mags and diff centres) suitable for older falcons? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2004, 21:34   #1 (permalink)
Doing Fieldwork

confused Parts from new territory (mags and diff centres) suitable for older falcons?

Just having a quick squiz at the new Territory in Wheels and the mags look alright. I am thinking that they look like they have a deeper dish and different offset to AU/BA mags, and if that is the case, perhaps they are suitable for X- and E-series Falcons. On a previous thread I was told that E-series falcons should have around +10 offset.

If you have the latest Wheels I am talking about the mags (or even pressed steel rims??) on the green Territory. It could be a cheap way to score some 17" rims.

So can anyone in the know or in the Ford system enlighten me?

And, secondly, the article mentions that the 4wd Territory has a 4.10 ratio final drive. Does anyone know if the diff centre can be fitted to an older falcon?

It is about bloody time Ford realised the benefit of cross-compatibility of car parts, it is one of the reasons why the imported Nissans are so popular.
Dr_Hoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2004, 02:03   #2 (permalink)

Re: Parts from new territory (mags and diff centres) suitable for older falcons?

I can't imagine ford would make it that easy.

Would be great, but I think you're being fairly optimistic.
1995 EF XR6 Manual
Gun Metal Grey with King springs and 2.5 exhaust, riding on EL XR8 rims.
Quicklier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 03:54   #3 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Re: Parts from new territory (mags and diff centres) suitable for older falcons?

Can't say for sure but the Ford Engineer I spent alot of time with at the MMS (who does the driveline & suspension on the RTV utes) said that Territory wheels have AU/BA stud pattern and offset. He was after a set of the 17" steelies for his own RTV but the Territory team won't let him have any (not yet anyway).
RAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 06:39   #4 (permalink)
Doing Fieldwork

I sent an email off to Ford via their feedback thing on the ford website, see what happens.
Old 05-12-2004, 16:14   #5 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

One thing I'd like to do is chuck a RTV diff under my eb. Not sure how tough they are for the likes of burnouts etc.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:46   #6 (permalink)
Doing Fieldwork

I know they are after sales, but I was only after information... Here is what I got from the email customer service:

Dear Glen,
Thank you for your e-mail to Ford Motor Company of Australia Limited.
The measurements for the Territory Steel Wheel are listed below:
17" x 7.5" Styled Steel Wheel - P235/60 R17 (Road Biased) Tyres
For information on the Offset and Stud pattern please contact the Service Department of your nearest Ford Dealer.
For further pricing details we ask that you contact an authorised Ford Dealership. You can find your nearest Ford Dealership by clicking on the link below.

http://www.ford.com.au/main_dealers/locator.asp

We hope this information is of some assistance.

Regards,

James Potter
Customer Service Representative
Ford Customer Relationship Centre
Address: Private Mail Bag 5 Campbellfield VIC 3061
Phone: 13 36 73 (13 FORD) (Local Call)
Email: customers@fordcrc.com.au

For the latest updates, visit www.ford.com.au
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory