Recall Re: Electric Windows - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2005, 23:52   #1 (permalink)

Recall Re: Electric Windows

On the weekend I put my drivers side window down and the it wouldn't come back up. When I opened the door the window was somehow effecting the locking mechanism and the door wouldn't close. I pushed and manipulated the window and the lock then worked but the window was still jammed completely down. I drove staright to the local dealership and there were no service staff working only sales people. After I told them what had occurred they weren't interested in assisting or contacting any service staff. So I emphasised that not only was it a security issue but a safety issue as the door lock catch had also been effected.They told me I would have to ring the number in the service book and get roadside assist. They said they didn't even have the number there for the service assist, which is hard to believe considering all the new cars there that should all have books in them. When the RACV man arrived he told me that they weren't supposed to touch electrical stuff like this (normally they tow it straight to Ford) but he managed to get the window up anyway. But this was only temporary and not to use it and get it fixed by Ford.

There is a bit more to this story but basically the message is be aware that there is a recall on the drivers side window but they are only fixing it when the vehicle is bought in for servicing they have not sent out recall letters, because it is not a "safety issue". Which I would hotly debate due to the fact my door locking mechanism was effected and wasn't lockable thus unroadworthy. I can also tell you from first hand experience that if this happens when you are in a hurry and have important commitments and being relied upon it is to say the least frustrating to have to wait for assistance to secure the vehicle.

I have about $65000.00 in cars sitting in the driveway (Territory and Fiesta). I hate to say it but I love the product but feel let down by Ford customer service.
TerritoryiAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2005, 14:05   #2 (permalink)

Re: Recall Re: Electric Windows

my window has broken twice now , ive learnt how to get it back up till i can take it to the dealer
dan.76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 15:09   #3 (permalink)

dan.76 - would be interested to know how you get it back up again (in a manner of speaking) - just in case I get the same thing.

GalaxyAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:00   #4 (permalink)

Guys just take it back to your dealer, they have a fix for it under warranty. It’s a well know fault in the front windows of Territories. There is no "recall" as such but many have this problem and the dealer will fix it in short time for you.

Mark
Mark^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 13:12   #5 (permalink)

Mine broke twice before the recall too. You have to remove the door trim and then manually feed the window into the slide guide while you push the window up button to "get it up".

The dealers replaced both front guides on the last service and no problems have happened since... (touch wood)..

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory