Reverse Sensors Innie Or Outie - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2005, 08:48   #1 (permalink)

frown Reverse Sensors Innie Or Outie

I have just had reverse sensors & tow bar fitted on my tx awd and to my SHOCK the 4 Sensors were protruding from the bumper like Outie bellybutton (looks Discusting compared to those on the showroom floors) Innie bellybutton, or dished.
Can anyone tell me if their sensors are dished or prodruding? especially if fitted by the dealer.

thanx
FIDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2005, 17:53   #2 (permalink)

Re: Reverse Sensors Innie Or Outie

Mine are dished and colour coded to the bumber. Factory fitted I ask were these a ford part or a aftermakert. Wouldnt be without them.
Hivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 06:44   #3 (permalink)

HI HIVISION
the sensor kit is a Ford kit part n# sx13k236
it was dealer fitted on 1 year old car

thats why it upset me maybe I got ripped off.
ACTUALLY I DID GET RIPPED OFF.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:00   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIDDLER
HI HIVISION
the sensor kit is a Ford kit part n# sx13k236
it was dealer fitted on 1 year old car

thats why it upset me maybe I got ripped off.
ACTUALLY I DID GET RIPPED OFF.
Factory fitted get the "innie" as they have a special bumper bar specifically for R/Sensing. Ones done at the dealer are the "outie" because they obviously have to fit into a standard bumper.

From the Territory accessory website:

Sensors are colour matched to your vehicle for a clean, integrated look Feature standard on Ghia. Factory fit sensors' appearance and audio function differ from Genuine Ford Accessory Reverse Sensing System.

Blood Orange GT-P
Zest Territory Ghia AWD
burnsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:30   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsi
Factory fitted get the "innie" as they have a special bumper bar specifically for R/Sensing. Ones done at the dealer are the "outie" because they obviously have to fit into a standard bumper.

From the Territory accessory website:

Sensors are colour matched to your vehicle for a clean, integrated look Feature standard on Ghia. Factory fit sensors' appearance and audio function differ from Genuine Ford Accessory Reverse Sensing System.

You know Burnsi
I never thought I'd get reverse sensors, But ever since I Mushed Up Fluffy on the driveway It gave me phobias about Mushing Up one of the Anklebiters so off I went to check out the market and for about $250 you can get a Quality aftermarket reverse sensing system,and most systems had"
( Sensors are colour matched to your vehicle for a clean, integrated look )"

and for about $500.00 i could get a reverse camera and 5 " screen as well

BUT I liked the Cupped Ford genuine ones that I saw on the dealership floor. Mind you I also saw them on a Falcon and just for interest sake on a Holden Monaro at the shops.

My powers of deduction led me to believe if I parted with $500.00 at Ford I would at least get the genuine Ford Article that I saw all over the Dealers Yard.

My Argument Was Somebody should Have Told Me they were going to be different. They did not tell me Anything about it.

After I pointed it out they said I should Have Had them factory Fitted ,
I did not need them at the time Plus I Believe they would Have fitted these type anyway. (On The TX)

As far as the bumper being different I DONT THINK SO,the same argument the Ford Pleb put to me ,the difference is the holes. I was Willing to lend them my drill. its was even marked were to drill.

The real reason I found out recently is because the wiring on the TX is different then Ghia or Ts because of the sound system.
Not only That, I could have had the cupped system if I paid about $1000.00 BUT I DID NOT GET THAT OPTION.

Just a thought
I dont have the flood lights -
IT could Have been factory fitted
I can order it and i can get it dealer fitted (genuine accessory)
What will they fit?????

Anyway I ll let you know what Department of Fair trading Thinks
Old 08-31-2005, 09:26   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIDDLER
You know Burnsi
I never thought I'd get reverse sensors, But ever since I Mushed Up Fluffy on the driveway It gave me phobias about Mushing Up one of the Anklebiters so off I went to check out the market and for about $250 you can get a Quality aftermarket reverse sensing system,and most systems had"
( Sensors are colour matched to your vehicle for a clean, integrated look )"

and for about $500.00 i could get a reverse camera and 5 " screen as well

BUT I liked the Cupped Ford genuine ones that I saw on the dealership floor. Mind you I also saw them on a Falcon and just for interest sake on a Holden Monaro at the shops.

My powers of deduction led me to believe if I parted with $500.00 at Ford I would at least get the genuine Ford Article that I saw all over the Dealers Yard.

My Argument Was Somebody should Have Told Me they were going to be different. They did not tell me Anything about it.

After I pointed it out they said I should Have Had them factory Fitted ,
I did not need them at the time Plus I Believe they would Have fitted these type anyway. (On The TX)

As far as the bumper being different I DONT THINK SO,the same argument the Ford Pleb put to me ,the difference is the holes. I was Willing to lend them my drill. its was even marked were to drill.

The real reason I found out recently is because the wiring on the TX is different then Ghia or Ts because of the sound system.
Not only That, I could have had the cupped system if I paid about $1000.00 BUT I DID NOT GET THAT OPTION.

Just a thought
I dont have the flood lights -
IT could Have been factory fitted
I can order it and i can get it dealer fitted (genuine accessory)
What will they fit?????

Anyway I ll let you know what Department of Fair trading Thinks
When I removed my rear bumper bar to fit my tow bar, there was a large sticker on the inside face of the bumper bar denoting it to be a "Sonar" bumper. The differences being the holes obviously, it is certainly a different part #, the bar is fitted with a small wiring harness and the 4 sensors, which then plug into another wiring harness on the passenger side of the rear of the car, and the factory fitted R/Sensing bars have the mounting arrangement for the type of sensor that is fitted. I know none of this helps your situation, but it might explain why the sensor appearance is different to factory fitted.

Cheers

Blood Orange GT-P
Zest Territory Ghia AWD
burnsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory