Reversing Sonar constantly beeping
My Ghia has a reverse sonar thingy that beeps when something is behind it. I have a standard tow-pack as well. The sonar works fine most of the time, but sometimes after connecting my trailer, and then disconnecting my trailer it beeps constantly. So the basic series is:
1. Reversing Sonar works fine. beeps when something is behind the car.
2. turn off engine, and plug in trailer. sonar is disabled (as it supposed to)
3. drive to tip with trailer. then drive home
4. turn off engine and unplug trailer. (BTW trailer uses a 7-pin male flat plug that plugs into the 12 pin female socket on the territory). Trailer works flawlessly on other cars. All lights were tested on the trailer, and all works fine.
5. reverse out of driveway, and as soon as I put it into reverse, it constantly beeps
6. drive around like this for a few days, and it all fixes itself and sonar works fine.
7. I checked the fuses, and all is fine. the sonar uses the same fuse as the reversing lights, so I know I have not blown a fuse.
Anyone else experienced this?. or have any suggestions on how to solve my mystery.
I have visited my local ford service people, and the guys said "probably a fuse", but because it fixes itself, I said it cannot be a fuse. He has so far fobbed me off.