Rust in sills - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2006, 23:26   #1 (permalink)

Rust in sills

Talking to my panel beater today, unfortunately we are on first name terms.
While talking about the rust on my BA Falcon Ghia, he mentioned a large number of the Territories that have been through are rusting along the sills, visible from under the car.
He has just bought a Territory himself and believes a good application of wax sealant will do the job on a new car, but recommends owners having a good look themselves and taking it up with Ford.
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2006, 02:43   #2 (permalink)
It's more fun in a 351

Re: Rust in sills

What?, rust in your BA falcon???? is this common with newer cars?, i thought rust only got into older cars, like atleast older than 10 years, not brand new ones. Did the guy say its a common fault in design or what?
---------------------------------------------------
XW boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 16:41   #3 (permalink)

Re: Rust in sills

I can offer reasonably informed comment specific to the BA Fairmont Ghia, because I have one and have looked at a number in yards.
Most of them have rust effecting the boot lid caused by the chrome trim that sits around the number plate. The ends of the trim dig through the paint and rust sets in.

For the Terry I can only pass on what my Panel Beater told me, that is common to have rust showing up in the sills. His belief is that the wax application during production is of a poor standard.

In regard to Ford generally and current cars, I think you will find that aside from the Fairmont (and Fairlane) Ghias, there is also a rust problem with BA utes.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory