Teritorry service intervals - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2005, 01:50   #1 (permalink)
gz1

Teritorry service intervals

Can someone tell me what the first service interval is on the territory AWD? and wheather they do anything (i.e. oil change) or just check it out? Also what is the normal service interval, is it 15,000 k's. Local ford dealer where I ordered mine from was less than helpfull, saying I should discuss when I pick the car up , in two weeks time, or drop by in person. However I want to plan a long trip as soon as I have it and need to know.
First ford I ever owned and it is a culture shock talking (or trying to talk) to ford dealers.
Many thanks
gz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2005, 02:02   #2 (permalink)

Re: Teritorry service intervals

Its all in your owners manual. First free check is 3,000 km to 5,000 km. It just a check of all parts, nothing done unless you ask for it and pay for it. From then on its every 15,000 km.

Mark
Mark^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 02:08   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gz1
Can someone tell me what the first service interval is on the territory AWD? and wheather they do anything (i.e. oil change) or just check it out? Also what is the normal service interval, is it 15,000 k's. Local ford dealer where I ordered mine from was less than helpfull, saying I should discuss when I pick the car up , in two weeks time, or drop by in person. However I want to plan a long trip as soon as I have it and need to know.
First ford I ever owned and it is a culture shock talking (or trying to talk) to ford dealers.
Many thanks
My 3000K Service was just a general checkup, no oil etc.

I asked about the 15K Service interval and how the oil and filter would hold up. My dealer recommended a 7.5 K oil change if i was conerned.

He told me it would cost about $70 including a courtesy car.
Ange S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 02:37   #4 (permalink)

As I said:

"First free check is 3,000 km to 5,000 km. It just a check of all parts, nothing done unless you ask for it and pay for it"

I had mine done at 4,700 km and had oil and filter done at my cost.

Mark
Mark^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 02:38   #5 (permalink)

My first was at 3000km, and was also a check over only. The dealer won't change the oil until the 15,000 Km service.

I asked about an earlier change and they said NO WAY, something to do with burnishing, but I can't exactly remember the details. The other responce was stick with what the service manual says, as this is the most accurate guide set by the ones who know, "FORD".

Hope this helps
grahill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 03:46   #6 (permalink)
In-line 6, DOHC, 24V

Ford recommends the engine oil be changed at 15000km or 12 months, which ever comes first.
I did some research and found out that synthetic oils are capable of that sort of service intervals, but Ford does not use a full synthetic oil.

The engine oil in my Territory has been analysed at about 3000km & 5000km (company paid for it), and the results of the last test came back with a caution.
I replaced the oil with a full synthetic POA (PolyAlphaOlefin) 5w30 and instantly noticed an improvement in engine response & economy.
I will change the oil when the Terri has done 15000km, which will be 10000km for the oil, & then change it at every 15000km.
Later I will use an Ester based engine oil 0w20 which is manufactured using Canola oil, I have used it in my previous vehicle (turbo charged).
Posted the oil analysis results from my Terri here Oil change
And there is an discussion on oils here what lubricant gets ur motor goin

If the dealer is using a full synthetic engine oil, change it every 15,000km, if they can't tell you, bring your own oil.

The Porsche Cayenne oil change recommendation is 30,000km or 2 years, which ever comes first and only Mobil 1 0w40 is recommended.

Here is some oil info, probably bore you but knowledge is everything; http://www.240sx.org/faq/articles/oil.htm
http://www.maximausa.com/technical/l...beNews2002.pdf
http://www.lessfriction.net/oilfacts.html
http://www.fuchs.com.sg/faq.asp

When looking for an oil, go by the European rating system ACEA http://www.acea.be/ASB/ASBv1_1.nsf it is tougher than the American API rating http://api-ec.api.org/AdvancedSearch.cfm
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 04:42   #7 (permalink)
gz1

Thanks for all the info all, Looks like I have some reading to do johnydep, seems like you really have done your research
The obvoius question to this is how does it affect your waranty? I'm sure ford won't be keen on using oils other than reccomended.
gz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 14:06   #8 (permalink)
In-line 6, DOHC, 24V

Quote:
Originally Posted by gz1
..........The obvoius question to this is how does it affect your waranty? I'm sure ford won't be keen on using oils other than reccomended.
As long as the oil meets or exceeds Ford recommendation the vehicle warranty is not affected.
Ford oil recommendation: WSS-M2C910-A2
http://search.ninemsn.com.au/results...=WSS-M2C910-A2
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 15:29   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gz1
Many thanks
Yes it is a culture shock - and it shouldn't be so. (However there are some good ones, once you locate them.) Even though they are independent businesses this issue is something Ford can - and should - be doing something about if they want long-term customer loyalty.
new2ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory