Territory Bull Bars? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2005, 19:55   #1 (permalink)

Territory Bull Bars?

Has anyone had a bull bar fitted to a territory TS AWD. I do a lot of country miles and need a good strong bull bar, and would appreciate any feed back
on the type and price and how happy you are with the fit and look.

Thanks
bushdriver.
bushdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2005, 03:22   #2 (permalink)

Re: Territory Bull Bars?

I haven't added one but at the Melbourne Motor Show last week they had pictures of a very sexy looking bull bar which has been developed for the Territory without interfering with airbag sensors. It was the best looking bull bar I have seen - I think it will be a stardard Ford accessory.
TerritoryLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 04:28   #3 (permalink)
Australia's No.1 SUV

Territory airbag compatible bullbar (black) is available as a Ford Accessory.
Territory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:40   #4 (permalink)

I have fitted an alloy Bull Bar to my TS RWD Terri,it is air bag compatable and well mounted and very strong, you may be able to actualy hit a roo and not do much damage, both the roos I have hit so far have been down the side which is usually the case..Not sure about fitting a heavy bull bar to a 4WD.Apart from being very expensive and ugly the Ford Bull Bar would be flat stopping a mouse, might be ok for driving around the city where you are more to hit a person and not a roo.I would prefer not to have a bull bar but unfortulatly it is a nessecery evil out here in the bush.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 03:14   #5 (permalink)
Australia's No.1 SUV

The Ford bullbar actually slightly improves engine cooling (intake funnel effect), has no snagging edges, maintains reasonable vehicle aerodynamics and is tested and confirmed as airbag compatible. Part of it's testing is specifically to cope with roo strikes. While I agree the metal bullbars look good, Ford weren't able to develop one that was compatible.
Territory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 07:20   #6 (permalink)
Territory - 2004 COTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty
I have fitted an alloy Bull Bar to my TS RWD Terri,it is air bag compatable and well mounted and very strong, you may be able to actualy hit a roo and not do much damage, both the roos I have hit so far have been down the side which is usually the case..Not sure about fitting a heavy bull bar to a 4WD.Apart from being very expensive and ugly the Ford Bull Bar would be flat stopping a mouse, might be ok for driving around the city where you are more to hit a person and not a roo.I would prefer not to have a bull bar but unfortulatly it is a nessecery evil out here in the bush.
Mmmmm .... air bag compatible you say?

Ok fair enough, maybe but highly unlikely. Did the manufacturer of your bullbar provide any detail on how they tested it to be sure it is airbag compatible? I have to ask this of you because I'm not too sure there are many bullbar makers out there that have the facilities and/or financial wherewithal to physically crash test a $40K Territory too many times.

And you do know that Territory has dual stage airbags and that the crash pulse the sensors detect is crucial for the correct deployment of the airbags? Adding any sort of bar is going to significantly impact the crash pulse for the car. It's not something you can choose to ignore when it comes to your and your family's safety, I would have thought.

I'm not meaning to be too critical Frosty but you seem to be saying that only YOUR bullbar is "strong and well mounted". Are you saying that the Ford bar is neither strong nor well mounted, and if so on what basis do you say that? Interested to hear why.

I don't have a bar on my T either, being an urban dweller as I am despite my outback excursions. When I saw the Ford bar for the T at the Sydney Motor Show last year it seemed well designed and pretty good looking. It looked to me as though the bar was designed to deflect an animal strike up and away from the car and appeared relatively pedestrian friendly.

You gotta laugh when you hear idiots like that bloke from the Pedestrian Council complaining about certain bullbars being pedestrian unfriendly. Might be only me but I figure there aren't too many bullbar equipped cars anywhere that are that "friendly" to pedestrians (or roos) if you hit them at 60km/h!

Cheers
Organza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory