Territory Sales - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2004, 07:50   #1 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

Territory Sales

Have info from sources within ford that there were just over 1,000 Territory sales in the first month. The thing that confuses me is that i thought they were officially on sale starting June, not May??

If it's true, then thats a nice start i believe, outselling Kluger, and pretty much selling the same amount in 1 month as the YTD sales of Commodore station wagon AWD.
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2004, 18:17   #2 (permalink)
Was Venom XR

Re: Territory Sales

Sales from ford include those orders from dealers, which are made up of customer orders and initial dealer stock.

Great news for Ford!

Silhouette AUII XR6 HP 5M - Herrod premium exhaust, Herrod/XR8/K&N intake, Herrod SureShift + BPT short shaft, King Springs Pro-Sport suspension kit, custom interior highlights, Momo crap. 15.14 @ 92.37mph.

White XF GL ute 3ontheTree.
Death Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 18:51   #3 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

They sold over 1000, that is how many were registered, most would have been demos that the dealers took but some have already been delivered as the holding yard at Broadmeadows was getting overstocked so they shipped some off early.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 03:17   #4 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

I can't wait till they do start getting to customer's and we can see how they fair every month, hopefully really good.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 07:15   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

It is basically the same as the initial dealer stock for the Fairlane when it managed to surpass the Statesman in the VFACTs numbers.

The real numbers will be seen a few months down the track.

Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 04:00   #6 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

I'm at a dealership, it's actual sales not including demos. These are all customer pre-orders... amazing stuff. Kluger is copping a flogging, at least within the first month... we sold 4 Territories over the weekend alone in our first official weekend so things are going exceptionally well. Expect over 2000 this month so trust me, that 1000 isn't a joke.

European Ford Owners Club - Southern Region President

Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 05:24   #7 (permalink)
rod

i have heard that Ford are making around 130 Teritories a day

carnt wait for a little feedback on these as there may be enother order here
Old 06-07-2004, 06:27   #8 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

Factory buillds 470 cars per day with an ability to build up to 520. Around 25% of these are Territories, thus your guess of around 130 is correct give or take a few. Ford also has the ability to increase production dramatically if need be if the wait becomes too long, which they will surely do. Territory is already blitzing the market and is going to be a huge success, WILL win Car of the Year from Wheels and is already being raved about by thousands. Just today on a test drive a BMW 3 series owner who drove an X5 for the day said he wouldn't pick the difference between the two in their value, handling/performance and comfort, apart from tha glaringly obvious $40,000+ price difference between the two. Statements like that, plus those of ML Class owners who blow their own cars out of the water when they drive a Terry... The Territory is a sensational vehicle, people will always buy Klugers, Prados, Pajeros, we can't think they're all stupid for doing so. But in the end we can only hope that people will find a bond between themselves and the Territory, given its credentials and we can be assured knowing that those who do will be very happy, have lots of fun in their vehicle and know that they are not alone. 1000 cars before sale date is not bad... but it's not as good as what it will be monthly very soon. The possibilities truly are amazing!!!

European Ford Owners Club - Southern Region President

Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 07:24   #9 (permalink)
R.I.P Dimebag

the cars you mentioned, Prado and Prajero are still good cars and are not in the same class. If anything people buy them because of more engine choices and a manual transmission. True though Territory should do very well but I still believe they lost some customers with the engine and gearbox choices. Great value for money, i'd love to get one some day down the track
Devil_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 06:39   #10 (permalink)

I thought ford were targetting > 5000 orders before June?? Either way I cancelled my order and went for the Turbo Diesel Pajero. If ford ever put a good diesel into the Territory and a 5 speed gear box they will have a good product. I still think that the 2200 kg and that engine do not add up to a good tow vehicle. I had asked ford not less than 4 times to provide a torque curve for the engine or at least tell me what the torque is @ 2000 rpm only to be quoted the max torque every time. Frustrating and they lost a sale.
chrisb128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory