Ford Forums banner

Are Territory's limited to 180kmh or is there something wrong with mine?

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Macka 
#1 ·

While out on the -test track*- I decided to test the limits of top speed and I was suprised that the Territory Hit the Wall figuratively speaking at 180 kmh and 3650 RPM while the trip computer was measuring consumption in Megaliters but it Definitely could do more.

It felt well grounded but the stability controll kicked in a few times over floating sections, certainly bunches up your balls if youre that way equipped.

#2 ·
FIDDLER said:

While out on the -test track*- I decided to test the limits of top speed and I was suprised that the Territory Hit the Wall figuratively speaking at 180 kmh and 3650 RPM while the trip computer was measuring consumption in Megaliters but it Definitely could do more.

It felt well grounded but the stability controll kicked in a few times over floating sections, certainly bunches up your balls if youre that way equipped.
Yep they are. Can be fixed with an ECU edit, but you probably wouldn't want/need to adjust that particular setting.

#3 ·
probably the same reason most of the falcon range is- esp the long wheel base- the tailshaft.

It'd be interesting to know what a std terrie is able to do flat out, but it might not be the safest thing at that speed, esp if you said the stability controls kicked in a few times...

not that this sort of vehicle is really suited to high speed driving, as burnsi mentioned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.