Territoty takes to the sand (pics) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2004, 05:47   #1 (permalink)
Ford Parts Interpretor

Thumbs up Territoty takes to the sand (pics)

Took the new Territory for a dash on the beach today with a few of the boys and we all (even the sceptics) came away very, very happy, and suprised about how capable the car really is. I know its no rock hopper but the car got a great workout on some pretty big sand hills and couldnt be faulted. There was no sand hill it couldnt get up, or down. The hill decent works a treat. I took a whole stack of action and static pics but my account wont let me post more than these 2. can anyone else host a few of the pics so you can see what we got up to?

Advertisement

Old 06-04-2004, 06:00   #2 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Re: Territoty takes to the sand (pics)

I had one of the very first RAV4s in Australia. I didnt need a full on 4WD just something with a bit of ground clearance for dirt roads.

I suprised a lot of people in their Landcruisers and 4 Runners by going places where they couldn't. A light car and a powerful motor will get you many places (and a lot faster) that dedicated 4wd won't. It also rode better in sand and the bush than the 4 Runner I owed previously.

I would imagine that the Territory would ride even better in rough terrain.

I like the envi colour on the Territory as well. It suits the car a lot better than it does on the BA.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:19   #3 (permalink)
R.I.P Dimebag

I'm not fully keen on the colour but it looks much better full green that half green and grey.
Devil_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 06:25   #4 (permalink)
I am The Brain

Envi looks a heck of a lot better with the body-coloured bumpers...and I must say I really like the look of it in the bottom pic. Very nice. Very well taken pic too.
Old 06-04-2004, 17:28   #5 (permalink)
Fully Sick Magna Driver

Good to hear that the territory is capable of stuff like that. Very nice pictures, and good choice of colour.

Is that at Stockton Beach by any chance? Went there in a Pajero a few years back and we couldnt make it up some of the hills.
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 22:32   #6 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordHawk
Envi looks a heck of a lot better with the body-coloured bumpers...and I must say I really like the look of it in the bottom pic. Very nice. Very well taken pic too.
For practical purposes the grey moldings are a better idea. The first RAV4s had them and they were a paint saver.

Mine used to go off road all the time as I needed to reach my caravan. It was a 40km gravel logging track trek to get to it. I had that many stone chips hit the side of the car that if it wasn't for the grey plastic moldings the paint would have been ruined. The only way you could tell there was stone damage was to run your hand over it. The plastic felt like sandpaper but you couldn't see anything. I'd hate to think what the side of the car would have looked like without it.
Old 06-04-2004, 22:39   #7 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

looks like a pretty serious kinda hill! good to see it was flawless...yet another positive for Ford! good pics too!
Old 06-05-2004, 01:02   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Is that at Endented Head?
BlueAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 02:50   #9 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

I really want a Territory to go places like that, and my pick of the colour's too, MMm Envi.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 08:12   #10 (permalink)

i can host some pics for you.

i have a site with nothing on it.. and a good name
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory