Ticking Noise - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2004, 15:48   #1 (permalink)
Still Smokin'

Ticking Noise

Anyone encountered a ticking noise heard when sitting in the front seats ?

Its not the fuel injectors or the engine as far as I can tell, as the noise is not synchronised with either of them, and its there when driving or idling.

Just asking in case any other cases out there. Will take it back to ford this week.

Other probs:

1. Car not locking on first press of remote - lights signal but dosent lock.

2. No headlamp warning signal. (must check manual fully to see if the terri has one)

Luv the car, all minor probs (hopefully), but just takes a coat of gloss off the experience.
Cheech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2004, 17:50   #2 (permalink)
PaulV

Re: Ticking Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheech
Anyone encountered a ticking noise heard when sitting in the front seats ?

Its not the fuel injectors or the engine as far as I can tell, as the noise is not synchronised with either of them, and its there when driving or idling.

Just asking in case any other cases out there. Will take it back to ford this week.
Yeah not sure about that. I get a ticking sound when accelerating. Not sure if it's the injectors or the valves. Definitely like to hear if this is a fault or simply a "design feature".
Paulv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 03:20   #3 (permalink)
ant

2. No headlamp warning signal. (must check manual fully to see if the terri has one)

Have you got fog lights? It took me a while to work out but the headlamp warning chime only works if I do not have my fogs on! Fogs off and chime, fogs on, no chime. Don't know why this is so - is my car unique or is this just another territory idiosyncrasy?
ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 15:00   #4 (permalink)
Still Smokin'

Yep. I've got the fog lights.

RTFM - As lights automatically switch off, there is no warning buzzer when switching off the engine and exiting vehicle. Its a safety feature. However if the lights are switched on and the engine NOT started a warning buzzer WILL sound.

Regarding ticking sound - it IS linked to the engine revs, so its possibly a noisy valve or fuel injection part. Will refer to Ford.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:06   #5 (permalink)

I have a Territory TS, and when in automatic mode, the lights come on and off when the light level is low or high (Sensor on the front of the dash near windscreen). This is a great safety feature considering the black car is hard to see in low light. However if in normal use (ie, manually switched on) and the engine is switched off, the alarms will chime, fog lights on or off doesn't matter.

I also have an AU Fairmont sedan (and I believe has the same features). Twice when the lights (in the AU) had been in automatic mode, the alarms did chime when the engine was switched off (I assumed there was a fault), prompting me to turn them off manually before before I exited the vehicle, and no flat battery in the morning. They were operating again correctly in auto mode the next time I drove the vehicle.

The Territory TS however has a couple of added features, and one that I am glad was included. The times in which the headlights stay on after leaving the vehicle depend on how I use the remote. In the older AU Fairmont there was about a 1 minute courtesy no matter what. This was really annoying, as people would always tell me my lights were on. The Territory's headlights stay on for about 25 seconds, or go off instantly when the vehicle is locked.

Love my Territory
grahill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 02:01   #6 (permalink)

I wonder if Ford are trialling a new clock for Ouzo....
lordricey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 03:35   #7 (permalink)
Australia's No.1 SUV

Re the headlights - people wanted lighting while exiting/unloading at night but didnt want to risk flat battery. Idea is all Territorys get auto-off linked to locking on remote. TS and Ghia also get Auto-on & off linked to light sensor. Cheech is correct - if someone chooses to turn on the lights after engine is stopped, then there is a flat battery risk and the chimes will sound.

Ricey, now lets see... Ouzo's ripped it out of the roof... now what to do with the hole it leaves behind and more importantly, where does it move to....
Territory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 16:08   #8 (permalink)
Still Smokin'

To Lordricey,

I've got the TX - so I might have the ford budget clock !
Old 12-08-2004, 03:27   #9 (permalink)
Australia's No.1 SUV

One extra point on the headlights/chimes. If TS/Ghia is set to anything OTHER than 'auto' or 'Off' for the headlights, it will chime when the engine is off as the driver has manually overruled the automatic function and there would be a risk of running down the battery without a chime.

Yes Cheech, the TX doesnt get the roof mounted clock.
Territory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 21:23   #10 (permalink)
Growing Older but Not Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory

Ricey, now lets see... Ouzo's ripped it out of the roof... now what to do with the hole it leaves behind and more importantly, where does it move to....
At the risk of going to water on the issue of the clock I did 700 kms yesterday including 300 km after dark. I actually got used to the light of the clock after half an hour or so. But yes still get rid of it. Incidentally, it is almost impossible to read during the day on the angle if you're wearing sunglasses.

But on the positive side first long trip in the Terri and it performed magnificently. Particularly liked the cruise control which held speed brilliantly without the need to kick down like the Commodore used to. Overtaking acceleration also seemed better than the old VT Commodore. The Terri sat very nicely eand easily at 160 kph I noticed but she was sure guzzling juice. 13.5 for the trip compared to 10 in the Commodore.
Ouzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory