Ford Forums banner

Towbar wiring diagram

7K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  burnsi 
#1 ·
Does any kind soul have details on the wiring for the reverse-sensor-equipped trailer socket?

I'm looking at whether I can adapt the Territory socket/wiring to another vehicle, to disable the reverse beepers (as per Territories).

I think it works through a magnetic switch on the socket 'flap', so I assume it must have an extra pair of wires to signal the reverse sense unit to switch-off when a trailer lead is plugged in?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Ian

#2 ·
Ianoz said:
Does any kind soul have details on the wiring for the reverse-sensor-equipped trailer socket?

I'm looking at whether I can adapt the Territory socket/wiring to another vehicle, to disable the reverse beepers (as per Territories).

I think it works through a magnetic switch on the socket 'flap', so I assume it must have an extra pair of wires to signal the reverse sense unit to switch-off when a trailer lead is plugged in?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Ian
Yes, there is a magnetically operated reed switch in the reverse sensing trailer harness. PM me with specific questions if you like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.