Ford Forums banner

Turbo Territory A Goer

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mb350 
#1 ·
May have just found my next car!

The latest 'Wheels' magazine has a scoop on the upcoming turbo model. The pic shows a letterbox bonnet vent for the top mounted intercooler, and it has a cross hatch grille similar to the XR Falcons. According to 'Wheels' sources it produces 245kw (same as XR6T) and comes exclusively with the 6 speed auto. It's expected to be revealed at the Melbourne motor show in February, but they're not certain on whether it'll be available as both AWD and RWD.

I guess the speculation is over...there will be a turbo model. And we don't have long to wait. The motor show is only a few weeks away.

#3 ·
I suppose the problem with the relative small scale of production compared to other manufacturers in other markets across the globe have been restrictive for Ford Oz in developing the Terri too soon. It's all been said before. But finally things are on the up re further improvement in design and features.

I've met a few owners around where I live, they all love Terri, and they're becoming increasingly popular. Variation is a must. An intercooled turbo deisel's not my cup of tea, but boy don't the public want it. So too a turbo intercooled petrol. The FPV? Absolutely, GT stripes 5.0L V8.

I was stretched getting a Ghia last year and would never afford anything else pricier. However those variants would sell well to those wanting something different and/or individualised, or those that wish to make me envious.

BTW, BBF.... your avatar :insane: I must have drifted off a dozen times trying to write this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.