XT Interior v. Ghia Interior - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Territory Ford Australia Upcoming CrossOver vehicle discussion forum

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2004, 08:45   #1 (permalink)

TX Interior v. Ghia Interior

My limited interaction with the Territory is limited to a roped off Ghia at the Brisbane Motor Show and internet pictures and magazine pictures...

But I'm seriously concerned at the interior of the XT. From the pictures in Wheels, it looks decidely awful. Not only does the fabric look cheap, but the mismash of colours is a real turn-off.

I must admit that my personal preference is for a dark interior, but I am open to change (despite what my better half thinks).

On the other hand, the Ghia interior looks absolutely incredible, beautifully integrated.

I would be interested to hear what others think about the base model v. Ghia interiors.
Daabidoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2004, 10:56   #2 (permalink)

Re: XT Interior v. Ghia Interior

I strongly agree. At least is will give future model updates somewhere to go. Seeing the various model options for the first time at the Perth Motor show last week that too was my first impression ie low rent interiors for both the low and mid range options.

Although my personal preference is for a light interior, the plastics and fabrics in low and mid cars were very servicable but detracted from the overall inovated package of the vehicle to my eyes. I also wasn't impressed by the bare black painted and rough metal parts in and around the third seat well. I rationalised it to myself in thinking well its still Ford build quailty afterall (built to a price), not a BMW X5, despite the inovation. Notwithstanding and as an owner of a BA XR8 (with impressive build quality), disappointed.
BeansNoMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 17:35   #3 (permalink)
I am The Brain

I haven't really done a comparison of the 2 interiors. From what I have seen I don't have any major issues (one car mad friend of mine chucked back the brochure to me however in disgust because the interior was the same as the Falcon....not that I find that an issue)

For future reference though Daabidoh....the base model on Territory is actually TX...not XT which is the base model of the Falcons.
Old 04-29-2004, 17:55   #4 (permalink)
RACE

TX interior vs Ghia taken yesterday. (l to r)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg txint.JPG (96.7 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg ghiaint.JPG (79.4 KB, 96 views)
Old 04-29-2004, 18:00   #5 (permalink)

interior looks good to me :o
maybe seats could be a diff colour, but other then that it looks nice :)
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 18:16   #6 (permalink)

Thanks Ratt for the photos. That doesn't look quite as bad as the Wheels piccie, so I guess I'll have to wait and see. Again, the Ghia looks superb. But the XT, I mean TX (thanks for the heads up Hawky), time will tell. Although if I eat baked beans for the next three years maybe I could stretch to the Ghia
Old 04-29-2004, 18:35   #7 (permalink)
Abuser of Charvels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daabidoh
Although if I eat baked beans for the next three years maybe I could stretch to the Ghia
Bags not driving in the car with you after 3yrs of baked bean consumption!!!

Seriously though, the TX doesn't look that bad. Similar to the XT Falcon, if there's much of a differnce even. The Ghia is always going to look better and for the money, it should.

Venom BA XR8 - 5spd - Leather - Premium Sound - 18"s - King Springs-SSL/SL - DBA Slotted Rotors & Ferodo pads
D.N.A.
FPV XR Owners Club ACT
Charvel/Jackson Guitars
Genebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 20:56   #8 (permalink)

Well, I had a chance to check out all three trim levels today. For my eyes, the TX interior is an abonimation. Reminds me of when I went to look at a Magna Verada with my Mum a few years ago and it had this camel brown interior. My Mum said, "It looks like someone's thrown up in here!" I think the dealer knew at that point that there was no sale coming his way. She went on to buy an XR6 instead, thankfully.

So, TX is out. The TS trim is pretty nice I think. The leather is not quite as nice as I thought it would be (just the colour is a little more grey than eucalyptus) but it was nice to sit in.

X5 for Falcon bucks is right. The Ghia looks like my weapon of choice.

mmm... Ghia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Territory