01 explorer Power locks - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator Forum for discussion of the Ford Explorer, Ford Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer and Lincoln Aviator.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 14:01   #1 (permalink)

01 explorer Power locks

Hi im new to the forums so sorry if its in the wrong place but i was working on my truck and i crossed the power lock wires together thinking that it was the door ajar switch and now when i try to lock/unlock my doors it makes an attempt to open/close but it seems that it cannot fully move the lock. the keyless entry does the same and there is a click from the csm so idk what to do please help im so stuck!!! thank you!
edit: is there anyway to reset the door locks or something like that?
FordExplorers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2009, 16:43   #2 (permalink)

Re: 01 explorer Power locks

can anyone please help me i got my stereo stolen!
Old 08-18-2009, 17:00   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

When you crossed the wires, did you leave them that way for awhile? This is just a guess, you may have burned out the power lock actuators.

pic represents a universal actuator kit as the front and rear doors are different.

Last edited by jwko; 08-18-2009 at 17:01.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 19:18   #4 (permalink)

thanks for your response, yes i did leave them crossed but when they were crossed i didnt have them connected to the actuator so there could be no damage to them i think it has to do with something like the csm cause there all doing the same thing by barely attempting to lock but not fully locking if you know what i mean,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Mercury Mountaineer | Lincoln Aviator