Ford Forums banner

02 XLT Driver's side wheel noise

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Tinkermen 
#1 ·
I have a 02 XLT Expl where I just had the passenger/rear bearings replaced and the driver's/front hub assembly replaced. The rear needed replaced for sure. The dealership heard the noise and slight vibration from the front that I told them about which is why the driver/front bearings were replaced. Well, the noise is still there. It's hard to hear when driving straight but when making right turns it gets louder and when making left turns it cannot be heard at all. Since driver/front bearings were replaced what else could be causing this noise? I don't want to take it back in without knowing exactly what the problem is b/c I don't need anyone fixing unecessary stuff. :huh:
thanks for any suggestions.

#2 ·
I just replaced both the Drivers side Rotor, Brakes and the wheel bearing assembly and still have the squeaking sound still. The CV joint looks good, no play, boot seal is still good, but I believe after all that the squeaking sound must be coming from the CV Joint somehow. Did you ever find out what was causing your sound issue or does anyone else know if the CV Joint can make this sound as well?
John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.